GA News: OnlineAthens - Cal WR commitment Demetris Robertson still hearing from UGA

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
May 12th, 2016 02:43 PM

JEFFERSON--Eleven days after he announced a commitment to California at the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta, Demetris Robertson says he is still hearing from Georgia.
The Bulldogs were hoping to land the nation’s No. 1 rated 2016 wide receiver from Savannah Christian. Since his verbal pledge isn’t binding, Georgia is still “coming hard,” he said.
“It’s cool,” Robertson said Thursday during a break while competing at the GHSA track meet. “I really appreciate the fact how hard they try to come and get me. They say I’m a great player and a necessity to the team.”
Robertson says Georgia wide receivers coach James Coley and inside linebackers coach Glenn Schumann still keep in touch. Notre Dame and Stanford were also finalists.
Asked if his decision is 100 percent done, Robertson said: “Not really. I can’t really say that until I get on campus.
Robertson didn’t sign a letter of intent so he is officially in the fold when he begins classes. He said he enrolls on June 28.
Georgia wide receiver signee Tyler Simmons from McEachern isn’t holding out hope.
“Chances are slim,” Simmons said Thursday. “I know his biggest thing was education. I know the education at Cal is very great. I was even looking at them at one point and how much they’re low on wide receivers right now. I know it’s a need for them. It’s good for his benefit.”
Robertson, who is vying for state titles in the 100 and 200 meters, said he based his decision first on academics.
He met basketball player Jaylen Brown from Wheeler High in Marietta when he visited the school. Brown was a coveted prospect by Georgia and others. He left the state and as expected has entered the NBA draft after one season where he is projected as a lottery pick.
“It’s a new scenery a new feel,” Robertson said of Cal. “I always wanted to live in Cali since I was a little boy.”
Robertson finished second in the Class A private long jump at 23 feet, 4 ½ inches. That was behind Prince Avenue Christian’s Kevon Hudson’s 24-1 ¼.
Among Georgia signees competing on Friday, tight end Charlie Woerner from Rabun County won the Class AA discus with a throw of 158 feet, 2 inches. Athlete Mecole Hardman from Elbert County finished third in the AAA triple jump at 46 feet, ½ inches.

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.