Here's a scary thought: Bama's only now becoming a complete team in the trenches

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
We lost a lot of talent, but with a more experienced secondary and the depth built in the front seven last season, this year's defense could be even better than 2015...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We lost a lot of talent, but with a more experienced secondary and the depth built in the front seven last season, this year's defense could be even better than 2015...
Reading some of BOL, they think Christian Miller and Anfernee Jennings are set to make a contribution this season based on their spring game performances of making so many plays behind the LOS.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
The Tide has a lot of holes to fill, but it is in a good position to fill them. Luckily, we've had a lot return.
Thanks for saying "The Tide HAS". I can't stand the Tide "Have". To me, Bama is one football team.
Crimson Tide is one football team. There's arguments about modern day proper english, but, to me the Alabama football team have not won any national titles. The Alabama football team HAS won 16 of them.
Regardless, I think the Saban process has finally indeed got us to the point where our trench guys can not only stop the run, but rush the passer as well. For years we were geared to pretty much stop the run exclusively because that was the way of the SEC when Coach Saban arrived. People don't give him enough credit for his ability to adapt to trends, but he's darn good at it. Not only did he learn that he needed quicker linemen to defend the spread offense, he's started to recruit players who fit a "a spread offense", because he realizes first hand how hard it is to stop.
sip

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm thinking we've got a really good one in Coach Lupoi! He's got our outside backers bringing it! He also recruits well and I hope we keep him for a while. This staff coach Saban has put together is the best and I'm really looking forward to watching this defense this year. RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.