Brokaw rips Bama

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Misleading title... all he said was ""I'm glad I'm speaking at Ole Miss. If I were speaking at Alabama I would have to use smaller words & shorter sentences." -@tombrokaw #WAOM"

He just tried to troll Alabama and failed miserably.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Funny, because:
- Both Alabama and Auburn rank higher than Ole Miss, and
- Mississippi is the state that every other state is thankful for, as they can always point to it and say 'at least we aren't Mississippi...'

Silly pandering, agreed.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I wonder how many of those college grads even knew who he was? He left NBC nightly news somewhere around 2004, which was when most of them would've been about ten years old.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Misleading title... all he said was ""I'm glad I'm speaking at Ole Miss. If I were speaking at Alabama I would have to use smaller words & shorter sentences." -@tombrokaw#WAOM"

He just tried to troll Alabama and failed miserably.

He won't have to worry. I'm fairly sure The Capstone can find much better speakers, than a has-been "journalist".

</rant>

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
This is the problem with the internet. Speakers pander to the audience that they are getting paid to speak to. It's been happening since the beginning of time; but, due to the internet, people try to turn it into something more than it is not.

"What he says next will blow you away . . ." So tiring.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Well, at Alabama the word "WIN" is used a lot which is a small word. Also "WE'RE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!" is a rather short sentence so maybe Brokaw has a point.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Don't fret over it. If he had said that at UA's graduation about Miss. we'd be talking about how funny it is. Move on...

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Did he use big words in a big sentence such as:

Under the cloud of suspicion for providing inappropriate benefits to student athletes which are certainly major infractions as construed by the NCAA, the university of Mississippi now faces the prospect of harsh consequences from punitive sanctions.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Did he use big words in a big sentence such as:

Under the cloud of suspicion for providing inappropriate benefits to student athletes which are certainly major infractions as construed by the NCAA, the university of Mississippi now faces the prospect of harsh consequences from punitive sanctions.
Either that, or he was channeling Billy Boy Faulkner as his avatar - in which case, small words and short sentences make mighty welcome sights and sounds...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.