Cam Robinson Arrested (UPDATE: No charges due to lack of evidence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Re: Cam Robinson Arrested

Even if this gets worked out, I'd suspend them both for at least three games. Good chance we never see either of them again.
This seems unfair. I don't think you kick a kid off of the team for misdemeanor weed stuff if you have had no prior problems with him.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

If they did this, they gotta take the punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Unbelievable. Will wait until this sorts out, but if any of this is true...
Next man up! The team is bigger than two players who made a stupid choice. I'm sure plenty of players smoke a little weed but, these 2 chose to do it and public and whatever punishment they get is deserved. Our secondary is loaded and we have options at LT, just need one to seize the opportunity.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I don't know nothing about the situation, and I don't know what CNS will do, but my guess is that they will be either be suspended indefinitely or get kicked off the team. From what I understand, It was Hootie with the gun, so I could see Hootie getting kicked off the team, but Cam Robinson probably would be suspended and maybe miss 3-12 games... This is serious. CNS has been cracking down lately and If he kicks Cam Robinson off the team, that sends clear and loud message to the team.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

It's bad that nowadays you can't even let the team have any off time for fear of this happening. Next man up.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

This looks to be the law Cam was charged with:

RS 14:69.1 — Illegal possession of stolen firearms
§69.1. Illegal possession of stolen firearms

A. Illegal possession of stolen firearms is the intentional possessing, procuring, receiving, or concealing of a firearm which has been the subject of any robbery or theft under circumstances which indicate that the offender knew or should have known that the firearm was the subject of a robbery or theft.

B. Whoever commits the crime of illegal possession of firearms shall be punished as follows:

(1) For a first offense, the penalty shall be imprisonment, with or without hard labor, for not less than one year nor more than five years.

http://law.justia.com/codes/louisiana/2006/146/78636.html

Note: This seems like a VERY difficult crime to prove, so I wonder if this is a paper crime that the police charge but prosecutors rarely use.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Everyone saying next man up, that would be Korren Kirven. He couldn't even get a finger on Tim Williams during the scrimmages..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

If Cam can plea his felony to misdemeanor then he'll probably just miss the opener + whatever other internal punishment he gets from CNS. They normally don't throw the book at a first offender..

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Booting him or announcing he is suspended for the season immediately will send a strong message to the rest of the team.... Yes it is harsh but, sometimes it is needed for the good of the team.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

If Cam can plea his felony to misdemeanor then he'll probably just miss the opener + whatever other internal punishment he gets from CNS. They normally don't throw the book at a first offender..
Hope you're right...

In terms of any plea deal tho, let's remember that this happened in Louisiana...

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

I think if they get a good lawyer they will both get a chance to be back on the team but I'd say their chances of playing against USC are pretty slim. Cotton or Williams will take Cams spot. Not sure who starts at guard. There is still tons of competition on the line. No matter how you slice it though Cam Robinson just cost himself a load of cash. In fact I'd say he needs to scrap the idea of coming out next year. If he were to stay another year he could perhaps rebuild his reputation.

It's just a hard fact for all of us to learn, you can do it right a thousand times and do it wrong once and get busted. We will all learn it eventually, it's just most of us don't have our lessons blasted on the news.

And of course we do know these sorts of things get swept under the rug at other schools but this is Bama. There is a different rule set for Bama because they are the top dog.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

I will never understand why these kids keep putting their careers in jeopardy. This is a good example I why I don't he he, and ha ha when this happens to another team. I know this will give another kid a opportunity to step up but this is a huge blow especially with the recent news of Baldwin. We are going to be really thin at tackle, hopefully we can develop one or two in fall before games start because as the poster above stated I am not sure Kirven is the answer.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Hope you're right...

In terms of any plea deal tho, let's remember that this happened in Louisiana...
Yep and seeing he spurned LSU for Bama will play a part in any potential leniency who would give from an unbiased party. This is Louisiana (I live here trust me I know) and it is some screwed up laws, politics and practices around these parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.