Cam Robinson Arrested (UPDATE: No charges due to lack of evidence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Re: Cam Robinson Arrested

If there are mitigating circumstances, they'll come out soon enough. If there aren't any mitigating circumstances, and the gun really is stolen, they have to be gone from school, not just the football team.

Forgetting the team for a minute, does anybody know what the University's policy is on students charged with felonies? Are they even allowed in school?

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

I may be with you eventually, but he should not be booted or suspended from the team at this point. Let the facts come out. If he borrowed somebody's car and there was a gun under there he didn't know about, it's a lot less serious than it sounds. Stupid, yes, but not dismissable.
Determining whose car it is should take 10 minutes. If it ends up being Cam's car, no excuse..... Next! IF it turns out he was in a borrowed car, that could open up another can of worms... Either way, the chances of this ending well don't appear good. Now, down at the barn, this would be called initiation..

NatchezTider

All-SEC
Jan 13, 2000
Natchez, Ms. USA

it's only been a few days since CNS talked about players doing the right thing during the down time before summer workouts. obviously some players didn't take note. but, you can't fix stupid!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

If two guys as big as they are feel like they need guns to be safe it must be a rough neighborhood. :eek2:
Cam would be as hard to replace as anybody, he's been a key player. I'm hoping we see him back next season.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

If two guys as big as they are feel like they need guns to be safe it must be a rough neighborhood. :eek2:
Cam would be as hard to replace as anybody, he's been a key player. I'm hoping we see him back next season.
I'll walk a fine line as to not push this into a NSB topic. But there are people/groups in our society who have glamorized guns, gang life and going to prison and it's playing itself out in kids' decision. I hope that is not the case with this incident and I'm praying that as more information comes out this was just a bad misunderstanding and not what it appears to be. But unfortunately I think we've seen things like this much too often in kids today and it normally doesn't end well.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

The one thing Ronnie said that makes sense to me is that Cam wouldn't steal a gun. There's a lot of stupid out there, but that goes so far beyond stupid I can't even countenance it. So I am led to believe that the stolen gun charge at least will be resolved shortly. But to me, stealing a firearm is one of the most serious non-violent crimes you can commit, and if he actually did it, there's no place for him at the University or on the team, and I wish him luck after he gets out of prison.
I hope this to ultimately be true but then again them willfully putting themselves in that situation doesn't make sense to me either.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

A Louisiana criminal lawyer says the stolen weapons charge is something that is very often pled down, because you have to prove the person knew it was stolen and used in a crime. Very hard to do.

Maybe people should back away from the ledge a bit.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

Honestly, I'm okay with kicking these guys off or suspending them long term. You know you shouldn't be doing this, CNS and the athletic administration put all athletes through enough "professional development" for them to know this.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

A Louisiana criminal lawyer says the stolen weapons charge is something that is very often pled down, because you have to prove the person knew it was stolen and used in a crime. Very hard to do.

Maybe people should back away from the ledge a bit.
This is my understanding too. The arresting officer is gonna lay down everything to give the DA more to work with on a plea agreement.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Also, Ronnie Harrison is not wrong but probably should've put down the smartphone and stepped away from the twitter app.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Proving that the individual stole or knowingly purchased a stolen weapon is damn near impossible. Short of them saying "yeah I knew this was hot" they don't really have much to go on other than - forgive me for an inexact name for it - improper registration of a private purchase of a firearm.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

In no way I'm I dismissing this involves two human beings and crime...

But keeping this purely football related, I'd say the odds of Cam Rob playing:

Against USC are 0%

OM (game 3): 10%

Ark. (game 6): 25%

Tenn (game 7) and going forward maybe 50%.

If the felony charge sticks: 0% at anytime

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida

I'll walk a fine line as to not push this into a NSB topic. But there are people/groups in our society who have glamorized guns, gang life and going to prison and it's playing itself out in kids' decision. I hope that is not the case with this incident and I'm praying that as more information comes out this was just a bad misunderstanding and not what it appears to be. But unfortunately I think we've seen things like this much too often in kids today and it normally doesn't end well.
This is so true. I know kids who were lured by all of that. These were nice, well raised boys who had advantages a lot of kids from gang associated areas don't have. The "thug" thing has been so romanticized and made to seem cool, that even kids who wouldn't ordinarily be vulnerable to its supposed sparkle, are drawn in. The ones who are obviously already in danger of being impressed by the image....well...I'm actually amazed by the kids who don't succumb.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

guns, drugs, parking lot at 2-4am.... I could post what I am thinking but I will refrain...
My reaction exactly.

Blowing things out of proportion is one thing. With those three given (even without adding what is at stake) rationalization fails no matter what scale you use.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

In no way I'm I dismissing this involves two human beings and crime...

But keeping this purely football related, I'd say the odds of Cam Rob playing:

Against USC are 0%

OM (game 3): 10%

Ark. (game 6): 25%

Tenn (game 7) and going forward maybe 50%.

If the felony charge sticks: 0% at anytime
Assuming the felony charge doesn't stick it will all depend on how CNS views this situation. Gun violence is a hot topic right now in our society and couple that with drug possession and CNS could very well send a strong statement to the team and dismiss both of them. Regardless of what charges stick or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.