Cam Robinson Arrested (UPDATE: No charges due to lack of evidence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Cam Robinson Arrested

Ronnie said Cam would not steal a gun. I once knew a guy who killed his girlfriend. I would have said he would not kill someone, but he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States

No matter what happens, Cam Robinson just cost himself a lot of money.

I suspect that to a degree Coach Saban will be less concerned with the way actual charges play out than what really happened and the lack of judgment shown by the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

If there are mitigating circumstances, they'll come out soon enough. If there aren't any mitigating circumstances, and the gun really is stolen, they have to be gone from school, not just the football team.

Forgetting the team for a minute, does anybody know what the University's policy is on students charged with felonies? Are they even allowed in school?
I believe that a felony charge is an automatic expulsion but I could be mistaken about that.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Here's the thing. Whenever they made the decision to have these things in their possession, there was a moment in which a thought crossed their minds - this is probably a bad idea. Even if it were just a glimmer of light for a split second in time in which they questioned what they were about to do.

I don't have any sympathy. I hope, for Robinson's sake, the stolen charge turns out to be a misunderstanding.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL

Look, obviously the police didn't think that the felony charge will stick because they let the kid go on a $750 bail, and Jones didn't even have a bail amount. Like a poster said earlier, don't go jumping off a bridge because of this because nobody knows what exactly happened. Cam has and still is taking a lot of heat about leaving LA and going to Bama, so who knows if he wasn't targeted, and don't say it doesn't happen because it does, even though they were being stupid smoking in one of their cars at 2am. Yes they are stupid, but neither guy has been in trouble before, and kids make mistakes. Some of you need to back away from the ledge and quit talking about throwing these two kids off the team for this. They weren't out robbing people with the hand guns (AU) or selling the dope (Jimmy Johns) they had on them or out raping some girls (UT), so relax. Coach will deal with these two and however that is, more than likely we will not know what their punishment will be. Let Coach handle it and quit judging kids because of one mistake they made. Look at Kenyan Drake for example or DJ Petteway.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

Re: Ronnie's comment. I've learned a couple of things in this life. One is. You never know ANYONE as well as you think you do.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Just allowing yourself to be put in this situation does not demonstrate good judgement. Kids do dumb things all the time that make no sense whatsoever.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Player reactions: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/05/alabama_players_defend_cam_rob.html#incart_2box

What's funny is that I can't remember one time players have spoken out on arrest and I can only think of three players that had the team support: Cyrus Jones, Kenyan Drake and Geno Smith. No one said a word about Charles Baldwin or Jonathan Taylor, I don't think?

I understand what everyone is saying on the board, but we must be careful with our assumptions because we don't know what happened exactly. The charges are serious and I'm sure it will be handled soon. WE just have to continue to pray for those kids and hope they can bounce back from their mistakes.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Player reactions: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/05/alabama_players_defend_cam_rob.html#incart_2box

What's funny is that I can't remember one time players have spoken out on arrest and I can only think of three players that had the team support: Cyrus Jones, Kenyan Drake and Geno Smith. No one said a word about Charles Baldwin or Jonathan Taylor, I don't think?

I understand what everyone is saying on the board, but we must be careful with our assumptions because we don't know what happened exactly. The charges are serious and I'm sure it will be handled soon. WE just have to continue to pray for those kids and hope they can bounce back from their mistakes.
I saw that and your point is good.

I understand things are crooked in Louisiana too. But still... these guys have to know that and have to take it into account when they go there. It doesn't take a lot of intelligence for this, even though these guys are still young, still maturing mentally, and still prone to feeling invincible.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

From Saban's talk a few weeks ago in Atlanta . . .

Seems these guys are the Energy Vampires he talked about - said out of 100 guys there are usually five who act up.

“The power of one is much greater than trying to affect the whole group.” He said he starts with three players and then counts on them to talk to three players . . .

“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.” However, most leaders spend their time with the 5 percent of people doing things wrong—“energy vampires,” he calls them. If 95 percent of your team is doing the right thing, he advised leaders to focus on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.