Cam Robinson Arrested (UPDATE: No charges due to lack of evidence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Re: Cam Robinson Arrested

Unfreakingbelievable...... First Baldwin (RT) and now Cam (LT). I can't even put into words how stupid he must be.

We were already going to be replacing an All-American Center as it is.... AND having another 4-Man+ race for a new starting QB. Not feeling real optimistic about this coming year's OL and offense in general to be honest.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Unfreakingbelievable...... First Baldwin (RT) and now Cam (LT). I can't even put into words how stupid he must be.

We were already going to be replacing an All-American Center as it is.... AND having another 4-Man+ race for a new starting QB. Not feeling real optimistic about this coming year's OL and offense in general to be honest.
If this happened in August I'd be concerned. It's May, we've got time, not going to fret over it just yet.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

Among many things, Coach says he tells players - nothing good happens after midnight, nothing good happens with guns, and nothing good happens fraternizing with ladies you don't know late at night. Glad to see no women were in the car!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Just saw Finebaum on ESPN and one quote he had was telling...

When asked how much of a hit it is to BAMA his response was "it is catastrophic"... Went on to say he spoke to an offensive staffer last week and was told the offense has major issues but at least they have Cam. Without Cam our offense may be as inept as it looked on A-day.

I hope and pray that is coach speak b/c if not, either the coaching really stinks or the recruiting gurus missed on a lot of players.

For the record, I believe it is coach speak..

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

When asked how much of a hit it is to BAMA his response was "it is catastrophic"... Went on to say he spoke to an offensive staffer last week and was told the offense has major issues but at least they have Cam. Without Cam our offense may be as inept as it looked on A-day.

I hope and pray that is coach speak b/c if not, either the coaching really stinks or the recruiting gurus missed on a lot of players.

I also remember that there was a time when Finebaum was on the "Alabama's dynasty is over and Gus Malzahn is here to stay" train as well and he was dead wrong about that. A lot of coaching and development will happen between now and the USCw game. It does every year.

Sagamore Bill

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma

If the charges are proven, neither of these young men will play a down of competitive football again. If reduced below the level of felony, possibly get through this with a lengthy suspension.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

From Saban's talk a few weeks ago in Atlanta . . .

Seems these guys are the Energy Vampires he talked about - said out of 100 guys there are usually five who act up.

“The power of one is much greater than trying to affect the whole group.” He said he starts with three players and then counts on them to talk to three players . . .

“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.” However, most leaders spend their time with the 5 percent of people doing things wrong—“energy vampires,” he calls them. If 95 percent of your team is doing the right thing, he advised leaders to focus on them.
I'm not defending those kids or anything, but I'm not comfortable with this post. Could you kinda explain what you meant by this post? Cam Robinson have done everything right during his time with UA and He made one mistake and you called him energy vampire? I would think that Saban was talking about players who is doing things that theyre not supposed to do or refuses to do it. IE, Baldwin. That's a perfect example of Energy Vampire.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

It's Finebaum. Keep that in mind. I personally count him as 50% credible, 50% "hey, look at me!". (Can't use the description I would in a verbal discussion) :wink:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

*blank stare* It's Finebaum.. I mean it's him... Did he say something about the Alabama team after the loss to Ole miss... and talked about how Saban was done?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

LOL Why? This is nothing new compared to what we've experienced on OL and starting QBs. Coaches will have the ready no matter who is on the OL this fall.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

I'm not defending those kids or anything, but I'm not comfortable with this post. Could you kinda explain what you meant by this post? Cam Robinson have done everything right during his time with UA and He made one mistake and you called him energy vampire? I would think that Saban was talking about players who is doing things that theyre not supposed to do or refuses to do it. IE, Baldwin. That's a perfect example of Energy Vampire.
Saban said members of the team who "suck your time" are energy vampires. What do you think the focus of Alabama football is today? Reacting to this. It's not a productive use of time. I have no idea if Robinson has done everything right and this is a one mistake moment. I'm simply repeating what Saban said on stage almost two weeks ago.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL

Lord, I hate offseason...
"Saban had a message for players before they went home for the three weeks off.

"It is time for you to relax but you can still grow," Saban said. "It doesn't mean you have to work out every day. It doesn't mean you have you have to kill yourself, but you can still grow in terms of how you think, the choices and decisions that you make in terms of what's going to benefit you in being a better player and better competitor next year."

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

finebaum is a troll. especially in the off season

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

Finebaum is also the same guy that said on Monday he believes the barn vs clemson game will be close. Yeah, OK.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

I just heard the news this morning at a church landscaping project. One of the members is a Bama fan and he told me. Said it was going to make an impact this season. I told him we have a long way to go and I wouldn't be surprised if some Gators get into trouble too before the season starts back up.

I hate the off season.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Just saw what CNS said on those players: " ""We are aware of the situation involving Hootie Jones and Cam Robinson and are in the process of gathering facts to determine what internal action needs to be taken,"

The statement sounds similar to Cyrus, Kenyan and Geno when they were arrested... But very different from when 4 former players busted for robbery and he released statement...

Sounds like we probably wont know anything for days.... But I saw the LA Police is having new conference at 2pm to discuss the arrest of Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Things like this are a Godsend to people like Finebaum. It gives them something to talk about and use to work up callers. While he does have some access and occasionally some information that is relevant, the troll is going to happen first.

Hopefully some information comes out that indicates this is less of an issue, hopefully there is no further information that can come out. Still doesn't change the fact that it was MULTIPLE very bad decisions rolled into one.

I know for me when I was making some of the same types of bad decisions, it wasn't a single occurrence. In fact it was a whole host of minor bad decisions that did not have enough consequences to deter them. The later ones that became increasingly more damaging. Another hope: this one will be a huge wake up call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.