Cam Robinson Arrested (UPDATE: No charges due to lack of evidence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Cam Robinson Arrested

But I saw the LA Police is having new conference at 2pm to discuss the arrest of Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones.
Why would the police department have a presser to discuss this arrest? That sounds political as there is no public safety issue here.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Just saw Finebaum on ESPN and one quote he had was telling...

When asked how much of a hit it is to BAMA his response was "it is catastrophic"... Went on to say he spoke to an offensive staffer last week and was told the offense has major issues but at least they have Cam. Without Cam our offense may be as inept as it looked on A-day.

I hope and pray that is coach speak b/c if not, either the coaching really stinks or the recruiting gurus missed on a lot of players.

For the record, I believe it is coach speak..
Unless there are pass rushers in the SEC like Tim Williams then I doubt catastrophic is the proper word. It might hurt our chances a little bit against Ole Miss, but we should still win. Finebaum went all out last year when Jennings from LSU got arrested in the off season as well. Granted Jennings isn't as important as Cam, but the point is Finebaum needs big stories to beat like a :beatdeadhorse5: on his talk show.

As far as CR.... I just don't get being in Louisiana with narcotics and a gun in the wee hours of the morning.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

One thing Coach Saban has masterfully done as our HC is react to any crisis or injuries that comes up, adjust his offense or defense, and play to the strength of the team after dealing with anything that comes up..

No doubt losing Cam is a huge deal, but, there's still talent left on the O-Line..I have no doubts Coach Saban & our coaching staff will do us proud with the football team we field..We may come up short on another championship title run or we may not miss a beat cause "The Process" goes on with or without Cam..

Last edited:

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

One thing Coach Saban has masterfully done as our HC is react to any crisis or injuries that comes up, adjust his offense or defense, and play to the strength of the team after dealing with anything that comes up..

No doubt losing Cam is a huge deal, but, there's still talent left on the O-Like..I have no doubts Coach Saban & our coaching staff will do us proud with the football team we field..We may come up short on another championship title run or we may not miss a beat cause "The Process" goes on with or without Cam..
Kiffin, in my opinion, is the best play caller in the NCAA and maybe all of football. I think we will be ok one way or the other.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Why would the police department have a presser to discuss this arrest? That sounds political as there is no public safety issue here.
My guess would be that here is a huge request for information from the press and the public, and they are trying to get it over with in one swoop instead of responding to every request individually. A good friend is a police chief and I questioned him about that once. There was a press conference for a seemingly unnecessary event. He just said , "It gives everyone in the department a point of reference to give to the scramblers until there is a change (if there is a change)."

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

I wish the other players on Twitter would shutup. Talking about bad cops in Louisiana makes them look stupid. I guess they think cops should just let people walk around with stolen guns, screw the law.

Also, I hate it when people say things like "we all make mistakes". Yes, but I've never been arrested with felony gun charges. Some mistakes are worse then others and, if proven, deserve more harsh punishments. It's like kids these days think everything should just be a slap on the wrist.

Both sides of the fence need to step back a little.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

My guess would be that here is a huge request for information from the press and the public, and they are trying to get it over with in one swoop instead of responding to every request individually. A good friend is a police chief and I questioned him about that once. There was a press conference for a seemingly unnecessary event. He just said , "It gives everyone in the department a point of reference to give to the scramblers until there is a change (if there is a change)."
With social media at their disposal, this is no longer necessary. Release a statement. Done.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Kiffin, in my opinion, is the best play caller in the NCAA and maybe all of football. I think we will be ok one way or the other.
Exactly & agree 100% with ya my friend..We have talent left on the O-Line that will get up to speed when they get the Fall Camp reps with the 1st team that Cam would've taken..A player like Bozeman will have a chance to step up & take this chance to finally shine..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I wish the other players on Twitter would shutup. Talking about bad cops in Louisiana makes them look stupid. I guess they think cops should just let people walk around with stolen guns, screw the law.

Also, I hate it when people say things like "we all make mistakes". Yes, but I've never been arrested with felony gun charges. Some mistakes are worse then others and, if proven, deserve more harsh punishments. It's like kids these days think everything should just be a slap on the wrist.

Both sides of the fence need to step back a little.
I mentioned in the early thread that that was rare for us to see players speaking out on something that affected their teammates. This is deep and personal to them and They probably experienced something that we haven't to where theyre being vocal bout it. We as a human being will always make mistakes.. whether its big or small. The question is that will we learn from it and continue to be the best person we can be.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I understand what everyone is saying on the board, but we must be careful with our assumptions because we don't know what happened exactly. The charges are serious and I'm sure it will be handled soon. WE just have to continue to pray for those kids and hope they can bounce back from their mistakes.
I've seen things go both ways. I remember one particular incident in which a player was arrested and it turned out his "crime" wasn't really much of a crime, but before then people still got their shots in like they sometimes feel obligated to do.

This unfortunately sounds a bit more akin to the Pettway situation. But, as that turned out in the long run, it seemed Pettway's involvement was largely that of being present, which while inexcusable was clearly not as bad as active involvement. We do need to know the facts, the cops like arresting everyone present and that doesn't mean everyone had equal involvement or even that the charges were completely legitimate.

Well, let's just say this... it was the wrong place to be if they wanted the police to give them a break, that's for sure.

Anyway, I'm not such a big fan of rush to judgement on something like this before the facts are really out. Is the gun stolen? If so from whom? We'll find these things out, and if this doesn't turn out to be the case it will change the complexion quite a bit.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Unfreakingbelievable...... First Baldwin (RT) and now Cam (LT). I can't even put into words how stupid he must be.

We were already going to be replacing an All-American Center as it is.... AND having another 4-Man+ race for a new starting QB. Not feeling real optimistic about this coming year's OL and offense in general to be honest.
remove baldwin from your statement...he was going to be 3rd choice at RT.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Likely his mistake was buying a firearm from a unreputable source and that is one of those types of purchases where it is very important to know the source before buying. Let's not assume he was about to smoke a joint and shoot up a neighborhood.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I have seen Coach Saban twice in the last month in person. Both times he seemed to be the most relaxed and happy that I've seen him in his time at Alabama. Guess that didn't last long. :frown: I know he HATES this kind of stuff. Not that mistakes don't happen, not that young men can't learn, etc... This just goes against everything he stands for - the Process, right decisions, being accountable, positive use of time, always impacting others in a positive manner (not to even mention the legal aspects of this case), and on and on. I'd dread the moment I have to face Coach Saban if I'm Cam or Hootie.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

I mentioned in the early thread that that was rare for us to see players speaking out on something that affected their teammates. This is deep and personal to them and They probably experienced something that we haven't to where theyre being vocal bout it. We as a human being will always make mistakes.. whether its big or small. The question is that will we learn from it and continue to be the best person we can be.
The fact of them not being on campus I think lends itself to the opportunity for comments. I'm sure they are being contacted by the staff and are being told to knock it off.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I do have to ask, would people prefer that the players not defend their teammates? Would that seem better. This is aside from the stolen firearms charge (and it is extremely unlikely he actually broke into someone's house and stole it) is a victim-less crime. No, not excusable but it wasn't rape, or a violent assault, no one was hurt. I don't know all the details but how am I supposed to be troubled when the player's reactions is to stand up for each other?

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

Sounds like the whole team needs some time on the stadium stairs to remind them you don't do crap like this.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I do have to ask, would people prefer that the players not defend their teammates? Would that seem better. This is aside from the stolen firearms charge (and it is extremely unlikely he actually broke into someone's house and stole it) is a victim-less crime. No, not excusable but it wasn't rape, or a violent assault, no one was hurt. I don't know all the details but how am I supposed to be troubled when the player's reactions is to stand up for each other?
I think most would say they'd prefer if the players just didn't comment about it on social media. It normally only makes things worse. Rarely does it make it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.