Cam Robinson Arrested (UPDATE: No charges due to lack of evidence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Re: Cam Robinson Arrested

Cam must be suffering from a terminal case of the DA, he has repeatedly shown that he has a real problem remembering the snap count and now this.

Playing status should be the least of either one's worries. And for Ronnie and others, the old "everybody does it" is not a viable defense.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

I do have to ask, would people prefer that the players not defend their teammates? Would that seem better. This is aside from the stolen firearms charge (and it is extremely unlikely he actually broke into someone's house and stole it) is a victim-less crime. No, not excusable but it wasn't rape, or a violent assault, no one was hurt. I don't know all the details but how am I supposed to be troubled when the player's reactions is to stand up for each other?
Not sure what I would prefer. Sometimes I would rather them call each other out, others I would rather them support each other unconditionally. I guess I am on an unsteady fence there. I think Coach Saban does as good a job as can be done of controlling this and directing it properly.

I think most would say they'd prefer if the players just didn't comment about it on social media. It normally only makes things worse. Rarely does it make it better.
As to the social media, unfortunately the world we live in has everyone saying anything they feel, any time they want to everyone. I guess that includes me on here :)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I think most would say they'd prefer if the players just didn't comment about it on social media. It normally only makes things worse. Rarely does it make it better.
It's hard to argue with that, but I'd also like to see fans have a bit less of a rush to judgement. I've watched enough episodes of cops to know they pretty much charge who ever they feel like when they find something illegal. While I think we can all agree the players did something wrong, who did what and the severity is far from determined yet.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Cam must be suffering from a terminal case of the DA, he has repeatedly shown that he has a real problem remembering the snap count and now this.

Playing status should be the least of either one's worries. And for Ronnie and others, the old "everybody does it" is not a viable defense.
What?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I don't think there is anything wrong with Player defending their teammates.. right or wrong. I think it shows that they support each other and won't throw their teammates under the bus unlike certain player from the school in the SEC West.

I don't see nothing wrong with what they said on twitter about the players being charged, they have stated lot of things which made sense to me being that they probably experienced it themselves or watched someone going through same thing. If I'm on a team and I get out of the jail seeing that my teammates defended me and made sure to keep my head up, I would feel good to know that My family cared... and I want to make it up to them by doing the right going forward. My point is, don't jump on them for defending their teammates.. they have their own reasons and that is their "family" whether they do it in private or through twitter. You may not like it, but its' not hurting them at all.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

It's hard to argue with that, but I'd also like to see fans have a bit less of a rush to judgement. I've watched enough episodes of cops to know they pretty much charge who ever they feel like when they find something illegal. While I think we can all agree the players did something wrong, who did what and the severity is far from determined yet.
I can't argue with that. :)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I think that it is great that they are offering support, though some of the supportive comments just don't come across well. We live in a world in which PR means everything - and shaping public perception is given way too much importance.

They are his friends. They are trying to help him. Let the rest go and just feel the love. Lord knows that these guys need it right now.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I don't think there is anything wrong with Player defending their teammates.. right or wrong. I think it shows that they support each other and won't throw their teammates under the bus unlike certain player from the school in the SEC West.

I don't see nothing wrong with what they said on twitter about the players being charged, they have stated lot of things which made sense to me being that they probably experienced it themselves or watched someone going through same thing. If I'm on a team and I get out of the jail seeing that my teammates defended me and made sure to keep my head up, I would feel good to know that My family cared... and I want to make it up to them by doing the right going forward. My point is, don't jump on them for defending their teammates.. they have their own reasons and that is their "family" whether they do it in private or through twitter. You may not like it, but its' not hurting them at all.
There's nothing "wrong" with it. It just can make matters worse. I think we've seen enough social media train wrecks to agree that more times than not, the best thing to do in situations like this is to stay off social media with it. Because rarely do you make things better.

Last edited:

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

They are only going to issue a statement; per Finebaum show

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

*Holding my hands in the air to protect myself from the sky that is falling* (blue font)

There is a lot left to learn regarding this situation. I do not disagree with players who have said there are dirty cops in Louisiana. They will never prove Cam knew the gun was stolen OR if he stole it (which I do not think he did). I also do not find anything abnormal about a person of legal age owning a firearm. And I'm pretty neutral on the weed, too, but that's for NS forum. ;)

I would be way more concerned about the face to face meeting with Saban that I am sure is forthcoming. That scares me more than any criminal charge. Haha.

I work with troubled youth and unless you grew up poor and in the projects, meaning you have walked a mile in their shoes, you really have no room to pass judgement.

I hate the offseason. RTR.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

From what I'm reading there were actually two weapons in the car? Hootie had a handgun in his lap (passenger) and they found another stolen handgun under the seat?

In a public park (that was closed)... at 2:00 am. Smoking dope. Naw...that would never draw anyone from law enforcement's attention.

As CA said earlier in the thread "idiots gonna idiot".

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

*Holding my hands in the air to protect myself from the sky that is falling* (blue font)

There is a lot left to learn regarding this situation. I do not disagree with players who have said there are dirty cops in Louisiana. They will never prove Cam knew the gun was stolen OR if he stole it (which I do not think he did). I also do not find anything abnormal about a person of legal age owning a firearm. And I'm pretty neutral on the weed, too, but that's for NS forum. ;)

I would be way more concerned about the face to face meeting with Saban that I am sure is forthcoming. That scares me more than any criminal charge. Haha.

I work with troubled youth and unless you grew up poor and in the projects, meaning you have walked a mile in their shoes, you really have no room to pass judgement.

I hate the offseason. RTR.
Girl, we are on the SAME page. :eek: I can't even imagine how scary this meeting and/or phone call is going to be. Dread it Cam and Hootie for good reason.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

They are only going to issue a statement; per Finebaum show
Glad they didn't do that because that would've been a train wreck for them. Nothing good comes out of a press conference especially when it's related to the university of Alabama. if that was me or you, they wouldn't hold press conference for that. Not a good look for them, and I'm glad they didn't do that.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

Hootie was just open carrying. It could end up being something stupid, like his parent's gun. But if the gun is actually stolen, I don't know how you get around that. Maybe you get a plea deal, but a good one would be drop the other two charges and recommend the minimum of a year in prison on the stolen gun charge.
OK, I get the pot. But what the heck are they doing carrying guns.

Last edited:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

Proving that the individual stole or knowingly purchased a stolen weapon is damn near impossible. Short of them saying "yeah I knew this was hot" they don't really have much to go on other than - forgive me for an inexact name for it - improper registration of a private purchase of a firearm.
There's no obligation to register private purchases of firearms. Is it possible you mean lying on a background check or making a purchase on behalf of someone who would not pass a background check?

There is an obligation to not steal them from other people. My question is, what led them to apply the charge of possession of a stolen firearm in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.