Cam Robinson Arrested (UPDATE: No charges due to lack of evidence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: Cam Robinson Arrested

The bottom line, IMO, is that neither player will be "buried" by these charges or kicked off the team over this situation. I think when it's all said and done the felony charge will be dropped and the misdemeanors will be plead down to minimum charges. Robinson and Jones will miss the opener + whatever other internal punishment CNS and the administration deem appropriate. Again, JMO..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

The bottom line, IMO, is that neither player will be "buried" by these charges or kicked off the team over this situation. I think when it's all said and done the felony charge will be dropped and the misdemeanors will be plead down to minimum charges. Robinson and Jones will miss the opener + whatever other internal punishment CNS and the administration deem appropriate. Again, JMO..
I hope you're right.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

This all sounds quite reasonable and is a cause for general optimism. At this point we're talking about these kids lives, not just the football team. I'd hate to see their lives ruined over something that might have done no actual harm to anyone else. From what I know about this situation, the armed robbery committed by some Auburn players, or the assault and robbery by some Alabama players seems far worse. But that's assuming no additional crimes (namely the theft of a gun).

Without more facts it is hard to say. It probably does all hinge on the stolen gun thing though, that's not victim-less and it's far harder to excuse in my opinion. In the very least though we are talking about suspensions though, no way around that, but the possibility of expulsion and even jail time still exists. We can hope for the best for the sake of these guys though but we'll just have to wait and see and hope there is no real victim here.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Yet this country asks men and women of same age with "not completely developed prefrontal cortexes" to bleed and die in its defense with no promise of an opportunity for a multi-million dollar contract. They do it from a place of discipline, honor, and commitment. Oh, and a huge dose of courage.
Actually, we have a history of providing various drugs, which would be illegal as recreational substances, to help them do their jobs in combat...

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013

If all this is true I want both off the team. I don't want people that stupid representing our team and state. I mean why go to a public park to smoke weed at 2am, especially with guns in the car. They could have just stayed home and smoked like a normal person and we would've never heard about this.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
Cam Robinson Arrested

They are kids with not completely developed prefrontal cortex's. You can look it up but it is the area of the brain that doesn't fully develop until mid to late 20's. It is the part of the brain involved heavily in advanced decision making and identifying cause and effect relationships.
While this may be scientifically true, I don't think it explains their decisions in this case. Since they have not been in trouble before as far as we know, these two seemed to have been capable of making decisions and identifying cause and effect relationships in the past. The decision making needed in this instance was neither advanced or complicated.

Questions for the average teenager: Should I be smoking weed which is ilegal? Should I do it in public? Should I do it in a closed public park at 2am? If I need to have a gun for protection, do I need to be in this place?

Questions for an athlete starting or playing for the defending National Champions: When has anything good ever happened for an athlete after midnight? Will what I am about to do jeopardize my standing with my team? Did CNS warn us about this before we left? Could it reduce the millions that I will make next year?

While I think their decisions were from a place of entitlement, I hope they learn from their mistakes and become responsible, successful young men.

Last edited:

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida

Because they are easier led and have the best physical capabilities.
Yes. People in that age range, especially males, tend to be more susceptible to certain persuasive techniques and have very little sense of their own mortality. A great percentage will still be very immature. I do not envy college coaches. I would think it's like being in charge of an entire herd of deliriously happy, hyperactive Weimaraners.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

They are kids with not completely developed prefrontal cortex's. You can look it up but it is the area of the brain that doesn't fully develop until mid to late 20's. It is the part of the brain involved heavily in advanced decision making and identifying cause and effect relationships.
While that's very much true they're old enough to know right from wrong & have enough common sense to not put themselves in this type situation or I would think so anyways..Especially with classes Coach Saban has them to attend to help stay out of trouble away from school..

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida

While that's very much true they're old enough to know right from wrong & have enough common sense to not put themselves in this type situation or I would think so anyways..Especially with classes Coach Saban has them to attend to help stay out of trouble away from school..
There are just bound to be those who can't keep themselves from trouble anyway, I guess.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

There are just bound to be those who can't keep themselves from trouble anyway, I guess.
Exactly..It's just hard to fathom putting yourself in a situation like this when soooooo much can lost by Cam in the upcoming NFL Draft & he will tumble out of the 1st round I would assume..Walk that straight line Big Man for another year & you would've been set for life..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Exactly..It's just hard to fathom putting yourself in a situation like this when soooooo much can lost by Cam in the upcoming NFL Draft & he will tumble out of the 1st round I would assume..Walk that straight line Big Man for another year & you would've been set for life..
yep....I'm amazed.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005

If all this is true I want both off the team. I don't want people that stupid representing our team and state. I mean why go to a public park to smoke weed at 2am, especially with guns in the car. They could have just stayed home and smoked like a normal person and we would've never heard about this.
What they did was stupid no doubt but I think you're going a bit overboard. I'm guessing you never did anything when you were that age that looking back would be considered a bit dumb. If not you would be the first person I've ever come across.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL

Man....I could only imagine the A chewing that they (rightfully so) should and will be getting....and as of now, I doubt they'll be on the team anymore (the untold facts will tell)....

Coach....
*** were you thinking?.......Not only did you embarrass and insult your family, but you did the same to your team.......you're not just John Q Public, you're in the national spotlight...and they are just waiting for you to make a mistake....

You've not only disgraced yourselves and pandered to the stereotype, but above and beyond, you've disgraced the University of Alabama, who has graciously given you an opportunity to showcase your talent on the biggest stage, as well as, obtaining a degree from one of the premier Universities in the nation.......now sit there and explain to me why I should consider letting you back on the team.........

Add about 35-40 expletives to that, and it might resemble a light tongue thrashing from Coach Saban!.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX

While that's very much true they're old enough to know right from wrong & have enough common sense to not put themselves in this type situation
I am from Monroe and this park is probably patrolled harder than the parking lot of the Monroe PD. Plus, it's in pretty much an all white hood and across the street from where Hootie (and myself) went to high school. Just for that, I have no sympathy. You nailed it, no common sense.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al

What they did was stupid no doubt but I think you're going a bit overboard. I'm guessing you never did anything when you were that age that looking back would be considered a bit dumb. If not you would be the first person I've ever come across.
Yes I did stupid stuff when I was young but I was taught that there were consequences for doing stupid stuff. I'm glad that I was punished. It made me think before doing more stupid stuff that would have got me in more trouble. I was 17 when I did something stupid. My mother was friends with the police chief. He was going to let me go but my mother told him to keep me in jail to teach me a lesson. This "poor little kids were just being kids" mentality is what is wrong in this country. Oh poor boys, don't criticize or punish then for their poor behavior. We do that and they never learn responsibility.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Hootie may transfer now. Cam will still be a 1st or 2nd rd pick.....

This screw up won't have changed much about their lives five years from now. Cam will be in the pros. Hootie will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.