Special edition of Jeopardy on right now.....

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
And a South African comes to the States and beats the snot out of a couple of Americans on an American trivia game show. Why does this not surprise me?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Agree with all 3 above posts.

Anderson surprised me a little - thought he'd do better than he did.

They were especially weak in sports. :rolleyes:

The "scarecrow" clue.....ballot....straw.....how does one miss that one? :conf2:

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I watched last night. The big name "power player" was Chuck Todd. 90% of the questions seemed more appropriate for "kids week"

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I wouldn't say she "beat the snot" out of them. It was like Kentucky beating Vandy in football. I am a big fan of the show but it was hard to watch.

In his interview former RNC chair Michael Steele indicated he is not a big fan of Donald Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Some of y'all are forgetting that without a politician spoon feeding reporters stories that they will blow up huge because it confirms their ideological biases, most journalists really don't know ANYTHING about much of anything. I've watched my own words get twisted by purportedly smart reporters (smart only in the sense that they have figured out to hold onto a job in a competitive and dying industry).

My Dad used to investigate airplane crashes (he was a mechanic and those investigations have engineers, pilots, AND mechanics for obvious reasons). He never could figure out why these idiots couldn't grasp simple concepts. Then again - most of the talking heads in the OJ case weren't exactly accomplished lawyers, either.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Some of those comments.....

Leisa Amore I hope they're smarter than the last set of contestants. Cause that was a real embarrassment yesterday.
Like · Reply · 33 · 3 hrs
11 Replies · 7 mins

Max Frazier Louis C.K. should be on Celebrity Jeopardy. I suppose I should be grateful that Jeopardy! provides a forum for me to be even further disillusioned by the void of intellect displayed by America's politicians and world news teleprompter jockeys. Power players should probably be lobbyists and news writers at this point. At any rate, I'm confronted with the error of my ways and now love and long for Buzzy.
Like · Reply · 6 · 2 hrs
2 Replies · 54 mins

Patti Millar Omg. If someone had tuned into Jeopardy! for the very first time last night, they would have been wondering how this show succeeds. THAT was awful.
Like · Reply · 7 · 2 hrs
1 Reply

Carol R Strand I can only say what others have -- this might have been the worst Jeopardy game I've ever seen. I cannot believe the number of answers no one knew, easy things.
Like · Reply · 4 · 1 hr

Elaine Sumner Rumsey That was beyond boring last night. I knew more answers than the contestants did. Where do they get these people and why do they make so much money in their jobs?
Like · Reply · 42 mins

Jordan Allen Gough Did anyone else notice last night that Laura's Final Jeopardy answer was "What Pakistan?". If it was a regular game, they wouldn't have given it to her.
Like · Reply · 1 · 29 mins

Adam Matesevac Why does Jeopardy have to "dumb-down" the show when these so-called Power Players are on it? For supposedly being some of the "smartest people in the room," they are some of the dumbest people to ever be on the show.
Unlike · Reply · 2 · 24 mins

Laurie Jarosz Berger Last night was awful. Three seemingly smart people...journalists in fact. You'd think they'd be knowledgeable about most of those questions. It was very sad, esp since any "celebrity week" game is loaded with softball questions. I hope they're embarrassed. They should be.
Like · Reply · 3 · 1 hr
2 Replies · 38 mins

Chris Van Der Karr Monday's show was so great that it made Tuesday's show really look bad. This Power Players idea is wonderful.
Like · Reply · 41 mins

Nick Sanchez Yesterday's game, the other contestants wasted their time, during the first commercial break. Clowns...!
Like · Reply · 41 mins

Steve Girault Unbelievable how incredibly stupid these people are. I have suffered through the first 2 days of the power players week; I can't take any more. I will return to watching Jeopardy next week
Like · Reply · 4 · 2 hrs
2 Replies · 1 hr

John Price these so called power players are not very impressive....the group with Anderson Cooper was terrible but I do admire him for donating $50,000 to protect military and police K-9s......kudos.....
Like · Reply · 1 · 43 mins

Josh McIlvain They had BETTER out-perform the last crop of "power players"...
Like · Reply · 9 · 3 hrs

Ann Cook Wieland I'm at the point I say, "Who cares?" And I'm a lifetime Jeopardy! fan.
Like · Reply · 6 · 3 hrs

Kelly Jones-Hook I enjoyed yesterday's show. I laughed out loud a couple times.
Like · Reply · 2 · 2 hrs

Amy Ortell This has been a train wreck
Like · Reply · 7 · 3 hrs

Patricia Gonzalez Power Players last night were appalllingly ignorant -- and they're Jornalists ??!!! God help us!
Like · Reply · 2 · 2 hrs

David Jackino I was there but was sworn by Trebek and co not to say.
Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs
5 Replies · 40 mins

Doretta Sutton That group last night were dumb as rocks.
Like · Reply · 4 mins

Becky Corthorn Weimer I like this new variation of Jeopardy!
Like · Reply · 26 mins

Bob Jones This is the worst week for Jeopardy. Will not watch it any more this week. Very uninteresting.
Like · Reply · 36 mins

Cw Mill I'm going to bet on Jonathan because he keeps promoting the show when he's doing "way too early" on MSNBC
Like · Reply · 1 hr

Barbara Pennington Collins really enjoying al these guys...so funny !!!
Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs

Brian Graham Nobody if they are anything like the last group. I'd rather watch "OFF"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like · Reply · 42 mins

Betty Myers Don't think these players studied up like the others do.
Like · Reply · 33 mins

Cristina Ferraro I don't have cable is there any way to watch it after it airs?
Like · Reply · 1 hr

Dixie Wadsworth Loving it.
Like · Reply · 2 hrs

Eduardo Moreno Louis
Like · Reply · 53 mins

Linda F. Lester Go Louie!
Like · Reply · 1 hr

Betty Myers Disappointed in Anderson.
Like · Reply · 35 mins

Megan Braga Louis!
Like · Reply · 38 mins

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
As uninformed as those 3 were, they probably did better than an "average" person. Its just that by comparison to normal contestants, they were pretty awful.
Tonight is Jonathan Capehart, Kate Bolduan and Louis C.K.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.