New Poll Shows 90% Of Native Americans Are NOT Offended by Redskins Team Name

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html?tid=sm_tw

Well......so much for the idea of how 'this name is offensive.'

And now Mr Costas - if you're not going to call the team by its name, you are nothing more than a political activist with his own agenda, who needs to step down from your job.

(I'm sure the first one will be, "But that was only a poll of 504 Native Americans;" well, you might ought to remember then that that ought to be a far more reliable barometer of how actual Native Americans feel than 1,001 randomly selected Americans in a voting poll of Trump-Clinton.....especially given that about 1/2 the country won't vote but isn't going to admit it).

=======================

Incidentally, as a man with Irish blood, I find the term "Fighting Irish" deeply offensive (suggesting we're all a bunch of drunks without scruples or manners) and I hereby demand Notre Dame to change the name of their offensive and racist nickname. The Celtics, too.

Just a side note - you know the Rebel flag controversy in Mississippi? I find it amazing nobody is demanding that the name Ole Miss be dropped.....uh, you might ought to go find out what THAT term means.....

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Dang...never knew that about "ole miss"....
We learn something new everyday, huh.

For those too lazy to search, "ole miss" is what slaves called the wife of a plantation owner.

It sounds like a fair term to use. However, we should poll the wive's of plantation owners and find out if any are offended.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We learn something new everyday, huh.

For those too lazy to search, "ole miss" is what slaves called the wife of a plantation owner.

It sounds like a fair term to use. However, we should poll the wive's of plantation owners and find out if any are offended.
Yes, and her husband was always "The Colonel."

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Doesn't matter what actual Native Americans say. White, liberal democrats say they're offended.
White men have lost power over the past decade. Liberal white men have found a new way to power in the form of telling others what they should and should not think about social issues.

When you see liberal white men telling minorities how they should feel, or when you see liberal white men telling women how they should feel, the irony is too much to bear.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Of course they aren't offended. Getting offended by that sort of thing would be misappropriation of white liberal culture, which would be even more problematic micro-aggression.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
He was a slave owner. We shouldn't have anything named for him.
Anybody notice that none of these freaktards are calling for the Jacksonville Jaguars to change their city name? And they're named after the guy whose name is so offensive it's being removed from the $20 bill.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Anybody notice that none of these freaktards are calling for the Jacksonville Jaguars to change their city name? And they're named after the guy whose name is so offensive it's being removed from the $20 bill.
You mean it's not named for Jesse or Michael?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
White men have lost power over the past decade. Liberal white men have found a new way to power in the form of telling others what they should and should not think about social issues.

When you see liberal white men telling minorities how they should feel, or when you see liberal white men telling women how they should feel, the irony is too much to bear.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
While I doubt all of them are offended I also doubt the accuracy of all these polls because I do not trust the people doing the sampling.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
While I doubt all of them are offended I also doubt the accuracy of all these polls because I do not trust the people doing the sampling.
Yeah, the Washington Post has been known for its right-wing ideology ever since destroying that left-wing ideologue Nixon.

Of course, if the poll had shown 90% wanted a change and found it racist, this would be second only to Egypt Air on the news lead.

And btw - the poll shows the same results as one 12 years ago.

Similar to the NCAA telling us the name Fighting Sioux is offensive but the tribe tells us it isn't.

My compromise is the same - rename everything named after NAs including the 25 states with NA reference.

Fair enough?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.