VA Secretary Still Deaf After All of the Issues at VA Hospitals

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
This is a prime example of government run health care. (And I'm one who supports government funded health care for military and vets.)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
VA care has been awful for a lot longer than seven years, so while Obama has failed to address this and make it right, be careful before you start slinging rocks...
True.

Except that had it been a priority for that ash clown like Obamacare and gay marriage, we wouldn't be having this discussion. VA care has been terrible as long as I remember but that doesn't excuse doing the wrong thing or nothing.

The guy had time to issue a truckload of executive orders, stop and make a pitch for Chicago Olympics, a beer summit after he commented on Henry Gates and time to fill out Final Four brackets on ESPN.

I expect Republicans to run an inept VA for no other reason than hatred of Big Government, but this is a Big Govt Democrat who thinks that's the solution.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
In my line of work, we deal with the VA on a daily basis. The whole system needs to be overhauled majorly (Yeah I know... Captain Obvious!!). It's a shame that government run, and common sense, have no correlation whatsoever. In Huntsville, they built this big new VA building to "serve our veterans". What we see on a daily basis is a vet goes there to get a prescription, only then to be made go to Birmingham to get it approved. The new building was supposed to help keep Vets in north Alabama from having to drive to Birmingham for everything they need, but they still have to for the most part.

A classic example of this run around, is......

A Vet drives to Bham and sees a doctor, and gets what he/she thinks is a prescription for a device (an Orthotic/Prosthetic in our case)....He brings the 1090 form (which is a "request") to our office and we measure them for what is requested. Then, we have to fax in the L code and price (which we have to follow Medicare allowable...so they know the price at the VA, before they type up the 1090). Then we have to wait for them to send back an approval, which can take weeks/months. I hate to have to tell the patient that, yes, I have the device right here, or can have it to you in a couple days, but I can't order it until we get VA approval....[emoji35]

And some folks actually want Government controlled health care for everyone??? I say look closely at the VA, and if you have half a brain, you'd change your mind...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
In my line of work, we deal with the VA on a daily basis. The whole system needs to be overhauled majorly (Yeah I know... Captain Obvious!!). It's a shame that government run, and common sense, have no correlation whatsoever. In Huntsville, they built this big new VA building to "serve our veterans". What we see on a daily basis is a vet goes there to get a prescription, only then to be made go to Birmingham to get it approved. The new building was supposed to help keep Vets in north Alabama from having to drive to Birmingham for everything they need, but they still have to for the most part.

A Vet drives to Bham and sees a doctor, and gets what he/she thinks is a prescription for a device (an Orthotic/Prosthetic in our case)....He brings the 1090 form (which is a "request") to our office and we measure them for what is requested. Then, we have to fax in the L code and price (which we have to follow Medicare allowable...so they know the price at the VA, before they type up the 1090). Then we have to wait for them to send back an approval, which can take weeks/months. I hate to have to tell the patient that, yes, I have the device right here, or can have it to you in a couple days, but I can't order it until we get VA approval....[emoji35]

And some folks actually want Government controlled health care for everyone??? I say look closely at the VA, and if you have half a brain, you'd change your mind...

People want government sponsored healthcare, not run. They just do not know that every dollar the government spends has a string attached.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

When I got out in 2004, I waited a bit and then got a letter. The letter arrived at my place on 7 January 2005. My car was loaded for Dallas (I was in NE Miss at the time). I opened the letter and it 'ordered' me to appear for my C/P appointments and gave me a list of dates. Then it said if I couldn't make those dates.....I would lose any and all VA privileges.

Damn good thing I was unemployed at the time.

Oh, and I had to drive to Memphis 130 miles away to get seen. On top of that, they told me to file for travel reimbursement, so I did. Then they DENIED it because there was a VA closer to my home in Mississippi.....an outpatient clinic, not a place to set my disability rating (which is 60% btw). So on the day of my last appt, I went through Memphis, did some testing, and drove on to Little Rock heading towards Dallas. They had already given me a brand new sleep apnea machine.

I show up at my parents in Dallas two days later and there's ANOTHER CPAP on the front doorstep. On top of that - back in 2005, mind you, when the whole world had the Internet......the VAs were not linked together, so Memphis was not communicating with Dallas etc. I have to apply for an appointment in November for a CPAP cleaning NOW......in May just to see them in November.

They denied me vision loss disability based on erroneous medical studies of the 1970s.....in 2013. Then after telling me my whole career part of my payoff is the so-called 'free' medical care......they want your health insurance info if you have it so they can bill them.

On top of that - using Democratic logic (where a COLA freeze equals a cut when it's Reagan or Bush) - Obama and his party CUT VA pay in 2009. What they did was gave us a $250 check that posed as a one-time payment to cover the increase, taxed it (VA disability pay is not taxed) and then 'took it back' on the IRS filing at the end of the year.

(It's not a big thing for me, I'm just pointing out that any other time I'm told by these same clowns this is a "cut").

The VA has stunk since the day it was founded; also - just like welfare - it encourages all kinds of fraud. A former co-worker of mine went to prison for fraud because it's that easy to pull off. Meanwhile, a guy I knew who was legally blind had to fight fifteen years and finally got his lump sum of several hundred thousand dollars.

If he'd died? Oh well, tough!!!!

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
When I got out in 2004, I waited a bit and then got a letter. The letter arrived at my place on 7 January 2005. My car was loaded for Dallas (I was in NE Miss at the time). I opened the letter and it 'ordered' me to appear for my C/P appointments and gave me a list of dates. Then it said if I couldn't make those dates.....I would lose any and all VA privileges.

Damn good thing I was unemployed at the time.

Oh, and I had to drive to Memphis 130 miles away to get seen. On top of that, they told me to file for travel reimbursement, so I did. Then they DENIED it because there was a VA closer to my home in Mississippi.....an outpatient clinic, not a place to set my disability rating (which is 60% btw). So on the day of my last appt, I went through Memphis, did some testing, and drove on to Little Rock heading towards Dallas. They had already given me a brand new sleep apnea machine.

I show up at my parents in Dallas two days later and there's ANOTHER CPAP on the front doorstep. On top of that - back in 2005, mind you, when the whole world had the Internet......the VAs were not linked together, so Memphis was not communicating with Dallas etc. I have to apply for an appointment in November for a CPAP cleaning NOW......in May just to see them in November.

They denied me vision loss disability based on erroneous medical studies of the 1970s.....in 2013. Then after telling me my whole career part of my payoff is the so-called 'free' medical care......they want your health insurance info if you have it so they can bill them.

On top of that - using Democratic logic (where a COLA freeze equals a cut when it's Reagan or Bush) - Obama and his party CUT VA pay in 2009. What they did was gave us a $250 check that posed as a one-time payment to cover the increase, taxed it (VA disability pay is not taxed) and then 'took it back' on the IRS filing at the end of the year.

(It's not a big thing for me, I'm just pointing out that any other time I'm told by these same clowns this is a "cut").

The VA has stunk since the day it was founded; also - just like welfare - it encourages all kinds of fraud. A former co-worker of mine went to prison for fraud because it's that easy to pull off. Meanwhile, a guy I knew who was legally blind had to fight fifteen years and finally got his lump sum of several hundred thousand dollars.

If he'd died? Oh well, tough!!!!
I absolutely can easily recognize your plight with them. I briefly scratched the surface as just a vendor to the VA, but I hear equal stories daily from Vets. It's enough to p-ss off the pope to see the few remaining WWII vets get THE SAME RUN AROUND!....Not to mention the Vets of my Dads era of Korea...(oh yeah, the gov. sez it was a conflict...a police action....lol!)....and the Veitnam vets (who were deficated on from start to finish)....on up to our fighters of Desert Storm and Enduring Freedom (don't you love the way the pencil pushing bureaucrats can name a situation that means 1000's and 1000's of Americans get killed, wounded, and/or maimed for life!!) then make them jump through hoops to get what's PROMISED TO THEM when they sign their life on the line, or had their name signed there by the government. They basically make it so hard to get treatment, they hope that the majority will say to hell with it, and pay for it on their own......I guess to free up money to give out on the dole???

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.