VA Secretary Still Deaf After All of the Issues at VA Hospitals

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Actually Disney wait times are better and they actually research plans of action to improve the wait times. Maybe Goofy would be better at serving as head of the VA than this clown.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
This dude is a West Point grad and retired as the President, Chairman and CEO of Proctor and Gamble. It makes you wonder why he's not getting in the weeds and eliminating some the inefficiencies that plague the VA.

I think my first task as VA Secretary would be to walk through the process with a current VA applicant and determine those bottlenecks and look for solutions. But, hey, that's just me.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Screw the VA. The only good they are to me is my monthly (underpaid) pension and that's it. Otherwise I go to Urgent care because the VA organization is completely worthless. I don't care if I have to spend more money if it means less waiting time. Once again screw the VA...until change is made.

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This dude is a West Point grad and retired as the President, Chairman and CEO of Proctor and Gamble. It makes you wonder why he's not getting in the weeds and eliminating some the inefficiencies that plague the VA.

I think my first task as VA Secretary would be to walk through the process with a current VA applicant and determine those bottlenecks and look for solutions. But, hey, that's just me.
He is a politically correct moron just like the rest of them. I don't care where he went to school, he's been corrupted.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
I severely dislocated my shoulder last week. I need to see an orthopedic and have a mri to determine what type of (likely) surgery i need. After 2 days and 20+ phone calls between tricare and redstone, i have found out neither will cover a dime, but i can get medicare starting in july 2017, Yay. So I called the VA and after they put in the request in a "couple" of days, the Birmingham office has 30 days to respond. So, yeah, this hits close to home. Emergency room doc that put it back in said to make sure I saw an orthopedic within a week. So I can either pay 100% of ortho and mri etc. and get seen soon, or wait for the VA and risk my shoulder. I wish i knew the danger of waiting as I really don't need to spend that kind of money but i don't want to risk long term problems by waiting either.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
And, who was the senator who said that all of the problems at the VA that were being talked about in the media were just made up stories by Republicans and Conservatives? The Bern himself!

Bamafaninco1

All-SEC
May 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO via Cullman, Al
For Tricare to approve anything you have to go to your primary care provider, they can then do an emergent consult to get you seen.

I severely dislocated my shoulder last week. I need to see an orthopedic and have a mri to determine what type of (likely) surgery i need. After 2 days and 20+ phone calls between tricare and redstone, i have found out neither will cover a dime, but i can get medicare starting in july 2017, Yay. So I called the VA and after they put in the request in a "couple" of days, the Birmingham office has 30 days to respond. So, yeah, this hits close to home. Emergency room doc that put it back in said to make sure I saw an orthopedic within a week. So I can either pay 100% of ortho and mri etc. and get seen soon, or wait for the VA and risk my shoulder. I wish i knew the danger of waiting as I really don't need to spend that kind of money but i don't want to risk long term problems by waiting either.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
For Tricare to approve anything you have to go to your primary care provider, they can then do an emergent consult to get you seen.

Go to the ER, speak Spanish and only scream in pain when they ask you questions. You will get what you need and they won't know your name.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
"Unlike what Obama did when he nominated Robert McDonald to be Secretary of the VA, Disney did not put Goofy in charge of Disney."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
VA care has been awful for a lot longer than seven years, so while Obama has failed to address this and make it right, be careful before you start slinging rocks...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.