247 Reporting Defensive Tackle Grad Transfer to Visit Alabama

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Nebraska probably offers more playing time pronto, USCw is much closer to home . . . Still hope this fellow joins us. I tell myself we will probably be better than OK at DE positions, but am less confident at the DT spots. He could make a large contribution for us.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Nebraska probably offers more playing time pronto, USCw is much closer to home . . . Still hope this fellow joins us. I tell myself we will probably be better than OK at DE positions, but am less confident at the DT spots. He could make a large contribution for us.
Do they though? I see that by everyone, even some in our own fanbase, when talking about DL playing time. No one rotates in or out as much as we do. If you have the ability, you'll play from day 1.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
If I was in his situation I would not be transferring for playing time. He can get playing time at Utah. I would be transferring to win, like you know, a national championship. Of course based on that criteria I would not have wasted my time visiting Nebraska.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Just want to play another year? Stay at Utah or go to Nebraska or USC. Want an opportunity to win a NC and go as a high draft pick in the NFL? Only one team qualifies -- ALA BAMA.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
According to this, he visited Alabama yesterday. Link

Nebraska is in the market for Utah defensive tackle graduate transfer Steve Tu’ikolovatu, but the Huskers aren’t the only ones.

As HuskersIllustrated.com reported Sunday, Tu’ikolovatu is also considering Alabama, and made a trip to Tuscaloosa on Monday to check out the Crimson Tide.

Tu’ikolovatu, a 6-foot-1, 320-pound defensive tackle played in 13 games last season for the Utes, making two starts and recording 28 tackles, two sacks and six tackles for loss.
The idea of him becoming a first round pick at Alabama is probably a little misguided just looking at his age and not even considering his skill-set. He turns 25 next month, which means he will enter the league at 26. He would have to be very, very, very special to go in the first round at 26.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Could certainly use another DE/DT to strengthen the rotation this season. The way we rotate in and out on the D line, it`s beyond me how any quality D lineman would worry about playing time and the exposure that it would bring.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.