UN says US must compensate for slavery

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
The UN cannot order anything. This resolution holds no power unless the politicians decide to comply. They picked the right administration to try to push around, (the Obama whitehouse) but they should have done it in 09 when dems had a super majority.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I am not up on the facts about slavery. After all it hasn't occurred in this country since 1865 or about 150 years. That being said, if anyone is still around that owned slaves I feel like it would be okay for any still living slave of afore mentioned owner,to be allowed to sue them for damages. I never enslaved anyone so I DON'T owe anyone anything for that.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I agree. I think all former slaves now living in this country should receive 100 billion dollars. (Cue Dr. Evil).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I am not up on the facts about slavery. After all it hasn't occurred in this country since 1865 or about 150 years. That being said, if anyone is still around that owned slaves I feel like it would be okay for any still living slave of afore mentioned owner,to be allowed to sue them for damages. I never enslaved anyone so I DON'T owe anyone anything for that.
If we are to start making people pay necause their great great grandfather owned slaves, I think we should apply that logic to all public debt, and crimes. People would be against it if they had to pay restitution to family member that their ancestors murdered 150 years ago.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
If we are to start making people pay necause their great great grandfather owned slaves, I think we should apply that logic to all public debt, and crimes. People would be against it if they had to pay restitution to family member that their ancestors murdered 150 years ago.
I think if you read more carefully what I so clumsily wrote you will see that the owner needs to be living and the actual slave has to sue. No descendants allowed.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

What about the victims of the Vikings? The Romans? The Mongols? The Inquisition (cue the Monty Python videos)?

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I think it is the fault of the UN. Since they are the Slavery Police they are responsible for not stopping it when it happened. Yes I know they didn't exist but neither did I.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I could see President (Heaven forbid!) Hillary giving this serious consideration, at a minimum.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
No, you're not. If you want victims, you'll find victims, and the UN desperately needs some victimization in the U.S.
I think the UN can serve a purpose.

This is not its purpose.

This is precisely the type if idiocy that makes me think we should boot them from NYC and leave them to whatever they wish to become...

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
http://yournewswire.com/un-say-united-states-must-pay-compensation-for-slavery/

So, when will they require all the various African tribes that enslaved and sold other African tribes to compensate them? Ditto for the muslims that still practice modern day slavery? When does the stupidity end? How will you compensate someone or their second or third generation descendants who are dead? This is just absurd.

Trying to put the bite on Africa would be akin to panhandlers operating in the ghettos.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.