Link: Recruits dish on college football uniforms

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Click here

Recruits were also asked to name the school they thought had the worst uniforms; teams with "classic" looks did not fare well.
Alabama and Penn State each had 11 recruits respond that they had the worst uniforms. Maryland's Under Armour uniforms clearly cause the most polarity as the Terrapins received five votes for worst uniform as well as the five for best uniform.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Not too surprising. But I'm betting once they get a look at how championship rings and NFL contracts look with our "boring" uniforms, their outlooks will be a bit different.....

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
The worst part of this article? The bolded parts below :

Ask an older college football fan to name their favorite uniform and you'll probably hear them fawn over Penn State's classic all-white look or maybe Alabama's crimson tops and white bottoms; but for recruits, those uniforms are simply boring.
Irrespective of what anyone thinks of any given uniform, no football player wears a "top." And perhaps the author thinks the "bottoms" are really capri pants that would look just ever so much better with strappy sandals or ballet pumps rather than those bulky cleats...

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
If a recruit is going to eschew Bama because of our "boring" uniforms, there's a very good chance he isn't the right kind of guy for our program, anyway.

We want guys who understand the value of the team, are willing to put the team first, are willing to buy into our system, will respect the need for doing things our way, and are generally more mature. A guy with "flashy uniform" in his top five or even top 10 priorities for choosing a school probably doesn't fit the aforementioned criteria.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I hope our coaching staff/admin can quickly implement a strategy to counter this perception else we might finish second in recruiting this year. Can't have that. Maybe a milk carton campaign with a Bama player in uniform captioned, "Got 16?"

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
The worst part of this article? The bolded parts below :

Irrespective of what anyone thinks of any given uniform, no football player wears a "top." And perhaps the author thinks the "bottoms" are really capri pants that would look just ever so much better with strappy sandals or ballet pumps rather than those bulky cleats...

Sounds like someone needs to stick to stories on competitive ballet and synchronized swimming...

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I didn't realize the jerseys on your back affected your performance on the field? If a player had to base his decision off the jersey over potential development, it's probably the same kind of guy who's going to end up stealing a student's meal card..

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Boy you can tell it is the off season. I could care less what recruits say about our uniforms. Uniforms don't win championships. If a kid refuses to sign with us because he has a issue with the uniform then we don't need him anyway. We all know there are kids out there who dream of wearing that crimson one day and I would rather have them any day of the week.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Alabama could have gone the route of having multi colorful uniforms, but instead we chose to remain with our very recognizable uniforms. Hate to point out the obvious, but our uniforms make a statement. NATIONAL CHAMPIONS... Easy to recognize.
Afterall... It's College Football, not Boy George and the Culture Club. ;)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Not sure what we can do because our uniforms are never going to change. And it's very concerning because when I look at all the recruiting titles and national championships that Oregon and Maryland have won over the last decade, and how Alabama has struggled, you know? What are we going to do?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.