For Florida people - an Auburn tag? Are you kidding me?

Bamagator

Scout Team
Jan 12, 2000
FLORIDA’S ‘AUBURN TAG’ OVER HALFWAY TO REQUIRED PLEDGES via Jim Rosica of Florida Politics – A website set up to promote the drive showed 2,480 people had pledged to buy the tag if approved. New plates need 4,000 “pre-sales” before they can be produced. The plate is backed by two Auburn grads: Democratic PR man Kevin Cate and state Rep. Jamie Grant, a Tampa Republican. “We knew when we started this effort that the members of the Auburn Family who call Florida home and who continue to make a tremendous impact on our state would rise to the challenge,” Grant said in a text message.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I don't understand why but apparently pulling for a team across state lines IS a thing. I have a female relative who grew up in an Alabama household but pulls for neither UA or AU. She's a Gator fan. When I asked 'WHY'?......she said she liked the 90's Spurrier teams. I give her credit for at least sticking with them I guess and not jumping ship.

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS
Bama fans in Mississippi went through this about 10 years ago. It is surprising how many Bama tags I see around. Me? I have #199 and was PO'd it wasn't lower.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
If there are lots of Auburn want to pay EXTRA $$ to the state of Florida to get a special tag, what's the problem? Your state benefits financially from their fandom.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
We've had BAMA tags in TX for about 8 or 9 years. In the DFW area Tide in Texas, the DFW alumni chapter has about 3500 names on the alumni list from NAA. That is only the folks who give that info to NAA. I know about 15 not on the list. Currently TX is either 2 or 3 for current out of state students at BAMA. We have 2 full time UA recruiters out here and they get the word out. We've had UA billboards on major highways/tollways almost non stop the past 6 years.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Any smart state government will do this - the fees collected are huge. For example, in TN you can get plates with Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, FSU, Florida, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, or VT logos, just pay the annual $56.50 ($35 of the annual fee collected supports the Tennessee Arts Commission (80%) and the Highway Fund (20%)).

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
What riles my jimmies is that here in Virginia, there are enough barn fans that have VA tags with the barn logo, but we can't get enough Bama fans to respond in kind. I've been on a list of people for a few years now just trying to get enough to cross the bridge. I haven't heard a word on how we are progressing. So I will continue to order my own specialized plates to compensate. I still can't stand to see those tags with the barn logo on them. What's wrong with the Bama fans here in Virginia? There has to be enough of us that care. Stand up and be counted, guys!

Roll, National Champions, Roll!

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Several years ago I asked about Bama tags in Florida, and was told that Florida only did that with states that reciprocated. Apparently at the time the state of Alabama didn't offer Gator plates. I don't know if the rules in FL changed, or if Alabama now offers Florida plates, but as soon as they're available, I'm on board.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
The have barn tags issued here in SC. They also have Bama tags, UGA, UNC, UF, FSU, GT, etc... The Bama tag looks good on my car!

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Eh. It's whatever. It's like Bama tags in Mississippi and Virginia(?). I have no issue with this, other than it looks like someone is dragging a trash can around.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
That's an interesting saw. I've never heard that one before, and I can't quite get the meaning. Would you please satisfy my confusion and enlighten me? Thanks.

Roll, National Champions, Roll!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.