Trump - Bernie Debate Coming?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/26/bernie-sanders-agrees-to-debate-donald-trump.html

In the latest twist to this unpredictable 2016 presidential race, presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders independently agreed Wednesday night to debate each other.
On ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" Trump was asked if he would consider holding a debate with Sanders. Trump agreed to the idea.

"If he paid a sum toward charity I would love to do that," said the business mogul, noting that a Sanders vs. Trump debate "would have such high ratings."

Sanders quickly responded with a tweet reading, "Game On. I look forward to debating Donald Trump in California before the June 7th primary."

...and who's on the outside looking in:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/26/bernie-sanders-agrees-to-debate-donald-trump.html

In the latest twist to this unpredictable 2016 presidential race, presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders independently agreed Wednesday night to debate each other.
On ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" Trump was asked if he would consider holding a debate with Sanders. Trump agreed to the idea.

"If he paid a sum toward charity I would love to do that," said the business mogul, noting that a Sanders vs. Trump debate "would have such high ratings."

Sanders quickly responded with a tweet reading, "Game On. I look forward to debating Donald Trump in California before the June 7th primary."

...and who's on the outside looking in:
Look at those eyes and just tell me you don't see EVIL.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I hope the Bernie-Trump debate happens. Can't wait to hear the reaction from the Queen of Cattle Futures..

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I wonder if this isn't a Trump stunt. Have the debate right before California, declare Hillary wouldn't come to the debate, let her make the fool of herself on Twitter during the debate - and agree beforehand you won't make any wicked and vile below the belt comments about one another.

Make each OTHER look Presidential and serve one another's purpose. Trump may be trying to eliminate Hillary BEFORE the nomination with this stunt. And that portion of me that IS happy with the train wreck these two (Trump and Bernie) are causing is admittedly chuckling.

In 1980, Carter (the President remember..) refused to debate third-party option John Anderson or include him in any debate with Reagan. Anderson, for those who don't know, was a liberal Republican (yes, there used to be such a thing, a man with a stellar military record in WWII, a Harvard lawyer, and one helluva debater. Carter sounded like a spoiled child in refusing to debate Anderson while Reagan just getting into the scrap with Anderson and emerging unscathed was considered a 'win' for the Great Communicator (With A Script). (Btw - you can view that debate online at You Tube). Btw - Anderson's big push was a 50 cent a gallon tax combined with a 50% reduction in Social Security benefits in order to balance the budget....yes, this is what liberals used to do when some actually gave a damn about balanced budgets other than to blame the opposition for the deficit. Anderson's proposal addressed the dual concerns of energy depletion, a SS system running out of bounds (it would be 'fixed' by a bipartisan commission in 1983), and the budget deficit.

So this debate in this day and age has the POTENTIAL.......potential.........to shift the game a little bit. It enables Bernie to get in the shots about how 'Hillary is assuming a coronation' and he can let Trump attack her on the email thing and even get in his own shots about it by saying that 'the results of the investigation have caused me to have to change what I said earlier' and make it sound smart.

And she won't be able to say anything right there at the time (and anything she does say will only make it a bigger issue).

While I doubt it will change anything.........it has the potential to be a major game-changer, especially if they can both LOOK Presidential at the time. If Trump can put the adolescent hijinks down for a couple of hours, it really has some potential.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I don't know it's being pushed by Trump because he's so looking forward to chewing her up and spitting her out. I really do think he's having fun doing to the Clintons what other candidates and the media have been too chicken to do all these years.

If Bernie wanted to do damage he'd not say "no one cares about your damn e-mails" but he'd be hitting her with it - and hard. But I think Berne wants more than just to be a thorn in her side. He really is delusional enough to believe he can beat her, and if not, bring her to his far left position and maybe be her VP.

A debate between the two would cause a complete meltdown in the Clinton machine.

Mrs. VJ's niece just came out of a relationship with a full fledged Bernie supporter. I mean, this guy - if you were going to create a stereotype of the garden variety Bernie supporter, this is your guy. No job, no motivation to get a job, about 30, political science graduate, financially supported by his mother and continuously rails against capitalism. He moved to Seattle just in time for this month's May Day fracas. His facebook page is full of pictures from that event. I can tell you from reading his comments and those of some of his friends, they hate Hillary Clinton.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Brillaint move by the Trump camp....absolutely brilliant.

This can do nothing but help Trump......and hurt Shrilary....

I still think there's a chance Bernie could get the nomination but either way this debate damages Shrillary for sure.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Brillaint move by the Trump camp....absolutely brilliant.

This can do nothing but help Trump......and hurt Shrilary....

I still think there's a chance Bernie could get the nomination but either way this debate damages Shrillary for sure.
The only person it would help is Bernie but unless Clinton is indicted he is out of it.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Trump has nothing to lose. Heck, making Comrade Bernie look good might cause some D super delegates to consider nominating someone other than Clinton. After all, the whole point of super delegates is to correct the people's "mistakes".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.