Who goes home: Us or Florida?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Well, folks.........................another 1-run loss. The game, and probably the season, is over. Burrows gets the loss. Tough way to bow out.

Time to back our gals!

RTR!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well. When you come into a conference tournament needing more than 1 win to secure a regional spot you are bound to have an ump decide your season. Who knows we may still get into a regional, and I know we had a better RPI than last year but our conference win total usually gets you in. But then again mizzou thought the same thing last year as well

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
We are last, in the SEC, in runs scored; 9th in team defense. Yes, a lot of close losses, but that only counts in some other sport. Not to mention the midweek clunkers.

MissTake's coach thinks we are one of the best 64 teams, in the country. We probably are, but that is not good enough.

They went from worst to first. A major part of that was producing runs, with 2 outs. Something we are horrible at. Both at allowing and producing. Stats like that will work against us.

At least we are not 10RC or API. But, we shouldn't be. We are Bama, and mediocre is not in our DNA.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
We went 1-5 in our last six games. Granted, the five losses were all against top ten teams, but when we needed to step up we did not. And I don't think it is because of any dysfunction on the part of the guys. I just don't think the talent level gives much of a shot in these games. I think we were 7-16 against top 50 teams this year.

We are pretty solidly a top 75 program.

Is that good enough for Alabama baseball? I guess we are about to find out.

Rtr

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
UA needs to decline a bid to post season. They've cashed it in. No heart.
As said elsewhere, under Gasper they ought to get an automatic bid every year to the Dixie Youth World Series, because that's their perennial level of accomplishment. No disrespect meant to the deceased, but Hayden Riley's ashes could out-manage Gasper - of whom the refrain should rise from infield chatter straight to the lips of the BoT: "Gotta go, gotta go, Gasper gotta go..."

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I didn't get to see the game, but I don't like the sound of that, either. But who knows? Maybe the boys just realized they were fighting a battle that in the end they could never win. When Jake was ineffective it really, really hurt our chances in both that game, and in any game coming after that one (should we have won yesterday).

rtr

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Are you kidding me? This team played hard all year. They were not the most talented but you can not say what you said!
I'm going to agree with you on that one, but you are going to have to see that there are a lot here that feel that Gaspard should've been gone after last year, but definitely feel he should be gone this year. They may right and they could be wrong, but I'm in the boat that someone suggested in either this thread or another thread in which CBB should act in only three possible ways and none of which is an extension over 1 year. I think we will never be a consistently great baseball and basketball school without great facilities and another means of acquiring scholarships (i.e. A state lottery). Atleast we have upgraded our baseball facility to be a top 5 in the conference, but that limits the amount of excuses Gaspard has in recruiting in the very near future. But like I said we are a football school and a lot of people love Gaspard in the inner circle to include CBB and Patrick Murphy, who attends a lot of games when he doesn't have a softball game to coach. So I'm thinking Gaspard is probably back even if we don't reach the regionals. If we do reach the regionals he will definitely be back.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I'm going to agree with you on that one, but you are going to have to see that there are a lot here that feel that Gaspard should've been gone after last year, but definitely feel he should be gone this year. They may right and they could be wrong, but I'm in the boat that someone suggested in either this thread or another thread in which CBB should act in only three possible ways and none of which is an extension over 1 year. I think we will never be a consistently great baseball and basketball school without great facilities and another means of acquiring scholarships (i.e. A state lottery). Atleast we have upgraded our baseball facility to be a top 5 in the conference, but that limits the amount of excuses Gaspard has in recruiting in the very near future. But like I said we are a football school and a lot of people love Gaspard in the inner circle to include CBB and Patrick Murphy, who attends a lot of games when he doesn't have a softball game to coach. So I'm thinking Gaspard is probably back even if we don't reach the regionals. If we do reach the regionals he will definitely be back.
I'm not against Gaspard being let go and I think it is time but I don't like somebody attacking the character of our players.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.