Hiker Dies After 1000+ Bee Stings

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/05/26/hiker-dies-bees-attack-arizona/85009394/

A 23-year-old Louisiana man died after being attacked by bees Thursday morning as he and a friend were hiking within Usery Mountain Park in Mesa, the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said.

A medical exam determined the man had been stung more than 1,000 times, officials said.

Just after 9 a.m., Alex Bestler and his friend were hiking the Merkle Trail when a large swarm of bees appeared without warning.

The friend was able to safely make it to a nearby restroom, but Bestler was overtaken by the swarm before he could find shelter, the Sheriff's Office said.

Another hiker and park employees approached Bestler and found him on the ground covered in bees. They tried to approach him, but the aggressiveness of the bees forced them to stay back, the Sheriff's Office said.

:frown:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Actually, they've been hybridizing and calming down. Must have been recently arrived illegal immigrants. I hear the rape is actually really worse... ;)

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Killer bees is a fitting name. I read if I remember is they will follow people further as they attack you then any other stinging insect in the country.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
It wouldn't take nearly that many stings to take me out. I'm allergic to a lot of bee stings, and have had to give up a lot of yard work because of that. I can no longer trim bushes because of stings. It sucks I have to pay someone to do that, but better that than the alternative.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It wouldn't take nearly that many stings to take me out. I'm allergic to a lot of bee stings, and have had to give up a lot of yard work because of that. I can no longer trim bushes because of stings. It sucks I have to pay someone to do that, but better that than the alternative.
razor-630x393.jpg
schick-hydro-silk-trimstyle-by-the-pool-large-7.jpg

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.