UGA Atheletic Director apologizes to board for Ludacris concert deal

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Awfully generous with the taxpayer's $$$$, how about tell him to to supply his own damn booze and condoms?
Well, I don't live in Georgia. I really just meant tell him they couldn't do the booze and condoms, not necessarily give him more money.

But things like this are common when music acts do a show I used to know someone that worked at Oak Mountain Amphitheater and she said she had to make runs to get things like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazlohollyfeld

1st Team
Jul 20, 2010
Allen, TX
Well, I don't live in Georgia. I really just meant tell him they couldn't do the booze and condoms, not necessarily give him more money.

But things like this are common when music acts do a show I used to know someone that worked at Oak Mountain Amphitheater and she said she had to make runs to get things like this.

This is true, it is standard. Every act that tours, be it rap, rock, alternative, country, comedy, speaking engagements, or whatever, has a contract rider that covers a variety of things from the technical aspects of the stage and equipment to how the dressing rooms will be equipped and what type of food and drinks are available for the act itself and their support staff. You have people who spend a good portion of their year on the road away from home and they tend to request that things be "their way" when they are stuck in what is often an unappealing, cinder block wall dressing room in the bowels of a stadium.

Simply Google contract riders. The Smoking Gun has one of the larger collections under their Backstage area.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
How do you guys know it was tax payer funds? Everyone here is quick to point out our athletic department is self sufficient and no tax payer funds are used when Saban's salary comes up. I'm sure this is the same.
Paying for someone's salary compared to paying for someone's condoms and booze may not be apple's to apple's in this case.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Paying for someone's salary compared to paying for someone's condoms and booze may not be apple's to apple's in this case.
Sure, but I'm just pointing out to the "waste of tax payer dollars" crowd that there were probably no tax dollars involved.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Sure, but I'm just pointing out to the "waste of tax payer dollars" crowd that there were probably no tax dollars involved.
Oh I agree. But the average Joe citizen doesn't know or understand this. But either way, even if it is private dollars it is being associated with the school and their brand. Not a good thing to do. And as I mentioned before. If I'm Coach Smart I'm furious and having a discussion with somebody. Smart knows there's no way something like that would have gotten past Saban and he not ensure it didn't happen again.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I heard about Ludacris' ridiculous rider about a month ago on the Matt and Scott show on Jox 94.5......it turns out, as they said, that all these minute little things are added to the rider to ensure the promoter of the venue, actually reads what they want at each show....

A BOX of Magnum condoms per show?????huh?...for a married man even......almost sounds like someone is trying to compensate for certain deficiencies???

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.