The continuous curious case of Alabama quarterbacks

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- If you're looking for someone to make sense of Alabama's recent quarterback history, Nick Saban's finely appointed office is not the place to be.

"Somebody's got to win the team," the coach said matter-of-factly during the spring.

The subject: This looks like the third straight season Bama will go into August with uncertainty at the position.

The implication: There's no rush to find a starting quarterback.

"Let me be very clear," Saban said. "We're not going to be in any hurry to decide who the quarterback is."

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...rious-case-of-alabamas-starting-quarterbacks/

This appears an exercise in "I need something to write about but I don't have a topic" so I will write about Alabama. Really, two pages and we learned nothing except Dennis Dodd is confused. (Isn't that normal :rolleyes:)

Do our QB critics ever consider that the QB's may be so close in talent that SOMEONE must step up? I guess I have to believe that since this is not our Coaches first Rodeo. Roll Tide.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Redwood, maybe y'all have seen this quote, but I never have.

"That didn't happen last year until Jake got ....ed in the Ole Miss game when he didn't start. He went in there and played like he should have played. That's when he won the team," Saban continued.

It's what we've surmised, and it dispels the rumor that Jake didn't start against the Money Changers due to illness. He was playing too robotically. And then Cooper did the same thing.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
You mention Dennis Dodd wrote the article, which means I will never click on it. He wrote it to get clicks because he knows Bama fans will do just that. He's a tool who does nothing but try to rile Tide fans up for clicks to his articles.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I have come to accept that CNS can win a national championship with a mediocre qb. Now I am worried about who is replacing Ryan Kelly and if Cam will keep his position this year. I say if the oline is good we could put the true freshman qb back there and still go 10-2.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Redwood, maybe y'all have seen this quote, but I never have.

"That didn't happen last year until Jake got ....ed in the Ole Miss game when he didn't start. He went in there and played like he should have played. That's when he won the team," Saban continued.

It's what we've surmised, and it dispels the rumor that Jake didn't start against the Money Changers due to illness. He was playing too robotically. And then Cooper did the same thing.
I've not heard CNS directly say Jake got ....ed, but I've heard him on a few recent occasions say that was when Jake won the team and coaches over.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.