2016 Women's College World Series

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Will update when I can. All the dates are right, but the times are on CENTRAL time.

WOMEN'S COLLEGE WORLD SERIES (BEST OF 3)

#4. Auburn 2
#3. Oklahoma

#3. Oklahoma 7
#4. Auburn 11

#4. Auburn 1
#3. Oklahoma 2

#3. Oklahoma (57-8, 2-1)---National Champions
#4. Auburn (58-12, 1-2)---Runner Ups

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Bama lost the last game played against EVERY team in the WCWS.

ALABAMA VS. THE OPPONENTS
41-18 vs. Georgia

• Current Streak: Georgia 1
  • First Meeting: April 27, 1997 - W, 4-0 - Athens, Ga.
  • Last Meeting: May 8, 2016 - L, 5-9 - Tuscaloosa, Ala.

6-10 vs. Michigan

• Current Streak: Michigan 3
  • First Meeting: March 4, 1997 - L, 3-4 - Tuscaloosa, Ala.
  • Last Meeting: May 28, 2015 - L, 0-5 - Oklahoma City, Okla. (WCWS)

9-5 vs. Oklahoma

• Current Streak: Oklahoma 1
  • First Meeting: Feb. 15, 1997 - L, 12-0 (6) - Oklahoma City, Okla.
  • Last Meeting: March 19, 2016 - L, 0-2 - Fullerton, Calif.

45-18 vs. Auburn

• Current Streak: Auburn 3
  • First Meeting: April 2, 1997 - L, 0-1 (9) - Tuscaloosa, Ala.
  • Last Meeting: May 13, 2016 - L, 4-6 - Starkville, Miss.

0-9 vs. UCLA

• Current Streak: UCLA 9
  • First Meeting: March 12, 1999 - L, 0-1 - Chattanooga, Tenn.
  • Last Meeting: Feb. 20, 2009 - L, 1-4 - Palm Springs, Calif.

33-41 vs. LSU

• Current Streak: LSU 1
  • First Meeting: March 9, 1997 - W, 4-1 - Atlanta, Ga.
  • Last Meeting: March 13, 2016 - L, 1-8 - Baton Rouge, La.

5-3 vs. Florida State

• Current Streak: Florida State 1
  • First Meeting: May 1, 1997 - L, 0-2 - Tuscaloosa, Ala.
  • Last Meeting: March 2, 2014 - L, 1-5 - Tuscaloosa, Ala.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Blech. Umps have not exactly covered themselves in glory in our game against UGA. Oh well. One more out and we win.
Go ahead run should not have counted. There are only three runners they could have called out . The batter base-runner and the runner at first are both force outs, regardless of when they were called out, and the run would not count. The only other runner they could have called out is the runner at third, so if they called her out, the run certainly didn't count.

Edit: Now they tell us the third out was because of coach's assistance and was not a force out. Appeared she was out because of the play at second. Like the play in the Super Regional when the Bama batter was called out at first after the first base runner was hit in the helmet by the attempted relay throw from second to first.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Go ahead run should not have counted. There are only three runners they could have called out . The batter base-runner and the runner at first are both force outs, regardless of when they were called out, and the run would not count. The only other runner they could have called out is the runner at third, so if they called her out, the run certainly didn't count.
The way they explained it, the baserunner on first was out for leaving the base path. The batter was safe, but thought she was out and walked off. She was called out when the 1B coach stopped her by touching her after the run had scored. Meh. As I said, the umps did not cover themselves in glory.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Dub is right. The girl at 1st thought she was out for some reason and was walking off when the 1st base coach kinda ushered her back out and touched her, which was the 3rd and final out which was long after the girl crossed home.

PS-That is what our girl should have done during the double play late in the game when we had runners on, stop and even go backwards if you want, and make her either chase you to tag or throw to 2nd and the girl at 1st would be safe. Don't run into the tag.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
As a former softball umpire, I have to say they got the call correct. UGA probably deserved a better outcome today, but their 4th error proved too much to overcome.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Hope Michigan completes this comeback. I'd much rather get OU tomorrow. That Parker girl is a world beater but she has to be gassed. She's thrown a lot of pitches and asking her to go again tomorrow morning and then against us tomorrow night will be a tall order.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Cleared out the clutter and have just the games left on the boards. I hate to say it, but I think the barn might have the best team out there (barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Cleared out the clutter and have just the games left on the boards. I hate to say it, but I think the barn might have the best team out there (barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff)
We have consistency issues when it comes to getting hits when we have runners on base. Rectify that and I believe there's no question.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Off to a good start against Free Shoes University. We gave up a run in the top of the first, but Carlee hit a three run jack in the bottom. 3-1 after one.
Auburn is obviously pretty good but my goodness they have received every conceivable match up break that they could have gotten in this tournament. Get to play Arizona instead of Tennessee because the Vols lost their best player in SEC tournament, then Florida and Oregon ( #1 and #5 seeds) are upset in really unusual games. Have not had to see Oklahoma or Michigan in the CWS-yet.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.