2016 Women's College World Series

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Auburn is obviously pretty good but my goodness they have received every conceivable match up break that they could have gotten in this tournament. Get to play Arizona instead of Tennessee because the Vols lost their best player in SEC tournament, then Florida and Oregon ( #1 and #5 seeds) are upset in really unusual games. Have not had to see Oklahoma or Michigan in the CWS-yet.
Don't disagree. Was fun to beat two of the best historical progams in college softball in Arizona and UCLA on the way here though.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I could have told you in the second inning that au was going to win by one run. When the FSU player hit the triple. The batter in front of her was called out on a 3-2 pitch that was a foot off the plate. FSU played the rest of the game with one less run than they should have had.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I could have told you in the second inning that au was going to win by one run. When the FSU player hit the triple. The batter in front of her was called out on a 3-2 pitch that was a foot off the plate. FSU played the rest of the game with one less run than they should have had.
they tied it in the seventh in part because of that umps atrocious calls. It evened out.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Auburn is obviously pretty good but my goodness they have received every conceivable match up break that they could have gotten in this tournament. Get to play Arizona instead of Tennessee because the Vols lost their best player in SEC tournament, then Florida and Oregon ( #1 and #5 seeds) are upset in really unusual games. Have not had to see Oklahoma or Michigan in the CWS-yet.
Well if we would have won the SEC Tournament plus not let them beat us in said Tournament, we would have been getting the "break" instead of auBARN. Yet we didn't so we got a lower seed and got stuck facing OU in the first round. So it is partly our fault for losing to them in the first game we played in the SEC Tourney.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
A walk off OT grand slam on the first pitch......no matter how you slice it....if you're going to win......that's THE way to do it.

Congrats AuDub.

Should be a great game tonight!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just finished watching the last 2 innings....that last at bat for Courtney Shea was pretty strong....she shouldn't be bawling just because she was thrown out. Anyway.....I guess that stuff happens....

Much respect for Paige Parker for pitching a hell of a game...and congrats to the new national champ Sooner softball program!

AUDub - you can hold your head high for getting to the finals.

OK folks.....gotta slip this in....UF's baseball team plays Clown U on Saturday - would appreciate a little support! :)

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
No doubt it was a good season for the Auburn girls. While I wouldn't have been too bothered if they'd have won, I must say that because of the tone of Duane Rankin's articles in the Montgomery Auburnator/Aggravator/Advertiser it is a bit satisfying OU won. Instead of talking about how great it is the State of Alabama has 2 of the top teams in the country, he has to write articles, like the one a day or so ago, about how Auburn has surpassed Alabama in softball and other such tripe - to the point you'd think they invented the game. No doubt he'll find a way in the morning paper to talk about how great they are and take a dig at Bama. Well Rankin, with apologies to AUDub, they still haven't won the big one!

Some Bama fan must have stole his girlfriend, lunch money, or something from him at some point because for every one positive article he writes about us, he writes 99 negative ones. Obviously, he strikes a nerve with me. I only wish I could convince the wife to cancel our subscription, ha ha.

Okay, rant over - back to more worthwhile issues.

MikeD

Suspended
Feb 24, 2007
No doubt it was a good season for the Auburn girls. While I wouldn't have been too bothered if they'd have won, I must say that because of the tone of Duane Rankin's articles in the Montgomery Auburnator/Aggravator/Advertiser it is a bit satisfying OU won. Instead of talking about how great it is the State of Alabama has 2 of the top teams in the country, he has to write articles, like the one a day or so ago, about how Auburn has surpassed Alabama in softball and other such tripe - to the point you'd think they invented the game. No doubt he'll find a way in the morning paper to talk about how great they are and take a dig at Bama. Well Rankin, with apologies to AUDub, they still haven't won the big one!

Some Bama fan must have stole his girlfriend, lunch money, or something from him at some point because for every one positive article he writes about us, he writes 99 negative ones. Obviously, he strikes a nerve with me. I only wish I could convince the wife to cancel our subscription, ha ha.

Okay, rant over - back to more worthwhile issues.
just one more reason it's better to have them lose. Bama has won a title, they have not.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.