Croc harvests woman who went on late night swim

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Re: Croc takes woman who went on late night swim

I'm concerned about swimming in certain parts of the Tennessee river here in North Alabama because of alligators that have been spotted in several spots. Going swimming in known infested waters is very foolish or the term stupid fits to.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL

I'm concerned about swimming in certain parts of the Tennessee river here in North Alabama because of alligators that have been spotted in several spots. Going swimming in known infested waters is very foolish or the term stupid fits to.
Several years ago, I was fishing in the Tn River down at the TVA campgrounds in Athens (I call it Cowford, because that's the name of the road that leads to the campground)

It was mid day and I was coming in to load my boat. I got some speed up, killed the motor, and was standing middle of the boat coasting to the bank so I could jump out and tie it off. I saw something swimming on top of the water, and as I got closer, I saw that it was about a 3-4 ft alligator.

I've seen gators several times in the backwaters of the TN around Moorseville for years. Many folks would look at you like your telling a big fat lie when you tell them. It was the first time I ever saw one down in that area, and in the main river channel.

The kicker was, the swimming area was about 50-75 Yds away from where I saw the gator beside the boat ramp.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

No doubt - play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

North Queensland member for parliament, Warren Entsch, who represents the region, said the victim should be blamed for the attack, not the crocodile.

"You can't legislate against human stupidity," Entsch said on Monday, noting that Thornton Beach lies next to a creek where tourism operators run crocodile-spotting tours.

"This is a tragedy but it was avoidable. You can only get there by ferry, and there are signs there saying watch out for the bloody crocodiles," he added.

"If you go in swimming at 10 o'clock at night, you're going to get consumed."
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/30/asia/australia-croc-attack/

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

One can only imagine the outcry is someone had killed the croc to save her.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio

The area was known to be infested with crocs would have been my first clue not to go swimming.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek

Ah, these north bama gators won't bother you. Now the copper headed cotton mouth water rattlers...they're what keep me out of the water at night.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

LOL! Some of the comments:

How many drinks does it take to get past the fear of being eaten by a crocodile?

They don't put up those signs everywhere along the Northern tropical coast of Australia just to make work for sign painters.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

How many drinks does it take to get past the fear of being eaten by a crocodile?
I think they need to take this comment/question and make a "crocodile" styled tootsie pop commercial and replace the owl with the croc and replace the tootsie pop with a 40 something year old woman swimming.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

or perhaps it wasn't just alcohol? maybe it was something extra? or maybe they are just idiots?

They don't put up those signs everywhere along the Northern tropical coast of Australia just to make work for sign painters.
graphic designers need work too

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

There's always the chance she decided that was the perfect moment to kill her friend and dispose of the body.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.