Link: Gaspard resigns

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Not sure of his name as it is failing me right now. How about the coach from Dallas Baptist. They have a pretty good program at that school.

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Not sure of his name as it is failing me right now. How about the coach from Dallas Baptist. They have a pretty good program at that school.
Dan Heefner would be a great hire. He turned down an opportunity at Baylor and sited family. From someone who knows him, he is a devout Christian and great guy. If he turned down Baylor (and he is baptist), not sure he going to come to Tuscaloosa. I think he will be a home run hire IF he could be convinced to come to Tuscaloosa.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'll throw my list in and see what y'all think. They are in no order:

Throw big money and hope group:
Tim Corbin, Vandy (just throw the bank at him and pray, you never know)
Jim Morris, Georgia Tech (yea I would, why not? He knows how to win)
Jack Leggett, Clemson (see above)
Mike Fox, UNC (19th in RPI and shafted out of the tourney, but he could be ready for a change)
Jim Cohen, Mississippi State (who knows with him)
Tony Robichaux, UL-Lafayette (I don't think he would leave, but big money might change his mind)
Dan McDonnell, Louisville (See Robichaux)

Probables:
Mark Calvi, South Alabama (I would take him)
Casey Dunn, Samford (Yes I know he's a barner but he has won everywhere)
Brian O'Connor, Virginia (just don't see it)
Steve Owens, Bryant (the huge underdog, but dude has never finished worse than 5th in his conference)
Jim Schlossnagle, TCU (I don't see him leaving, but WELL worth the try)
Dan Heefner, Dallas Baptist (Would be tough to get, but if possible we snatch him ASAP)
Mike Bianco, Ole Miss (I know some here love/hate Bianco, but he is a good coach period)
Ed Servais, Creighton (A Northern guy, but simply knows how to win)

I know there are a ton I'm forgetting right off the bat but that is a list I would possibly give to the AD......

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
The link I had about the Yankees interview was out dated. I knew (Magadan) wasn't with Texas anymore but had no idea about the Diamondbacks job. At any rate, I think he'd be a pretty good candidate. ...
Wishful thinking intel is that Magadan might be interviewing not as NYYs' hitting coach (they've had three in three years), but as a candidate to replace that inept chimpanzee in the dugout in the Bronx for nine years now, and that said chimp (Girardi) might rate consideration, under the Dick Howser paradigm, to coach college ball and come to Alabama! After all, Saban brought him to T-town a few years ago as part of his "winners" series of speakers to address the football team - and 'Bama had their worst season under Saban save for his first year. Coincidence? - I think not. Truth is there's probably one (1) manager at the major league level with a worse grasp of the game and poorer execution of fundamentals than Gasper, and he's (unfortunately if you're a NYY fan) in pinstripes to this day and probably will be for a few thousand World Series-less days ahead...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Truth is there's probably one (1) manager at the major league level with a worse grasp of the game and poorer execution of fundamentals than Gasper, and he's (unfortunately if you're a NYY fan) in pinstripes to this day and probably will be for a few thousand World Series-less days ahead...[/COLOR][/COLOR]
The damn truth about Girardi. He is a horrible in game manager and to make matters worse, surrounds himself with idiots as coaches. Torre wasn't the best tactician but, had Zimmer as his right hand man. Of course the idiot twins don't give a $h1t if they win as long as they make $$.... Almost makes me not want to go to a couple of games this summer.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Dan Heefner would be a great hire. He turned down an opportunity at Baylor and sited family. From someone who knows him, he is a devout Christian and great guy. If he turned down Baylor (and he is baptist), not sure he going to come to Tuscaloosa. I think he will be a home run hire IF he could be convinced to come to Tuscaloosa.
Well bu is a dumpster fire of rape and assault...so there's that.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I'll throw my list in and see what y'all think. They are in no order:

Throw big money and hope group:
Tim Corbin, Vandy (just throw the bank at him and pray, you never know)
Jim Morris, Georgia Tech (yea I would, why not? He knows how to win)
Jack Leggett, Clemson (see above)
Mike Fox, UNC (19th in RPI and shafted out of the tourney, but he could be ready for a change)
Jim Cohen, Mississippi State (who knows with him)
Tony Robichaux, UL-Lafayette (I don't think he would leave, but big money might change his mind)
Dan McDonnell, Louisville (See Robichaux)

Probables:
Mark Calvi, South Alabama (I would take him)
Casey Dunn, Samford (Yes I know he's a barner but he has won everywhere)
Brian O'Connor, Virginia (just don't see it)
Steve Owens, Bryant (the huge underdog, but dude has never finished worse than 5th in his conference)
Jim Schlossnagle, TCU (I don't see him leaving, but WELL worth the try)
Dan Heefner, Dallas Baptist (Would be tough to get, but if possible we snatch him ASAP)
Mike Bianco, Ole Miss (I know some here love/hate Bianco, but he is a good coach period)
Ed Servais, Creighton (A Northern guy, but simply knows how to win)

I know there are a ton I'm forgetting right off the bat but that is a list I would possibly give to the AD......
Casey is a barner but his family is all Bama. If Bama would have offered him he would have come to Bama in a second. With that said I don't think Casey is ready for the job right now.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
What ever happen to the guy that was at Troy a few years ago? Bobby pierce I believe was his name. At one time he was a upcoming coaching prospect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
What ever happen to the guy that was at Troy a few years ago? Bobby pierce I believe was his name. At one time he was a upcoming coaching prospect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Yep like mick said, sadly he retired. Of course I would still take him as well, but I just don't see it happening now.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Casey is a barner but his family is all Bama. If Bama would have offered him he would have come to Bama in a second. With that said I don't think Casey is ready for the job right now.
I have not read the entire thread but I think Dunn would take the Bama job. If I am not mistaken, Sammy Dunn had agreed to become the Bama head coach in the early 90's but backed out due to health issues with his wife. I think that is when we got Wells, but I understand that Sammy was first choice and he accepted and then backed out.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Since he quit a week ago, I wonder what they would have done if the team went on a run through Hoover and got to Omaha?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
No, I meant would he still resign even if they made it to Omaha?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The State of Alabama would have a lottery in about five seconds if lottery money could be used to provide additional football players.
It's hard not to go non-sports with this, but people have to get it into their head that they can't legislate away gambling. The real question is do they want a piece of the action or would they prefer it all to be off the books or spent in other states?

Eventually I suppose people in the state will wake up and it sure won't hurt the baseball team...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.