Jersey Countdown to Gameday

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
75 Days: Barrett Jones

Kerry Goode keeps writting great post on Facebook.

75 days kick off...
Mike McQueen, Alan Brown,Danny Cash, Johnny Howard, Shannon Brown,Griff Redman all have worn the number with pride. The latest greatest is no other than the young gun #75 Barrett Jones
Jones was born in Memphis, Tennessee. He attended Evangelical Christian School in Memphis, where he played for the Evangelical Christian Eagles high school football team. His father Rex attended the University of Alabama and played for the Alabama Crimson Tide men's basketba...ll team from 1982 to 1984.
In his junior season, because of team needs, he switched from guard to left tackle where he started all 13 games for another Alabama national championship team. Following his 2011 junior season, he was recognized as a unanimous first-team All-American. He was the winner of the 2011 Outland Trophy given to the best lineman in college football. In his senior year, again because of team needs, he switched from tackle to center and won another National Championship in 2012. He won the Rimington Trophy given each year to the outstanding college center becoming only the 2nd person in history to win both an Outland and a Rimington. He is the only person to win an Outland and a Remington at two different positions or in two different years. Barrett Jones ended his Alabama career winning 3 BCS National Championships—each Championship at a different position—as an All-American guard, an All-American right tackle and an All-American center.
Off the field, he has earned a degree in accounting, graduating summa cum laude in August 2011 with a 4.0 grade point average. He graduated in December 2012 with his masters again maintaining a 4.0 GPA. In addition, he was honored as one of 11 members of the 2011 Allstate AFCA Good Work "which honors football student-athletes for exemplary community service." Jones won the 2012 William V. Campbell Trophy, an award given by the National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame to college's football's "best and brightest." He is a 2010 and 2011 Academic All-American and in his final school year of 2012–13, he earned distinction as both the NCAA Division I Football Academic All-America Team Member of the Year and the Academic All-America Team Member of the Year for all NCAA Division I sports. He received the 2011 ARA Sportsmanship Award and 2011 Wuerffel Trophy for combined athletic, academic and community service achievement.
In the 2013 NFL Draft, Jones was selected by the St. Louis Rams in the fourth round with the 113th overall draft pick. He's now a member of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
74 days

I was going to go with former center and current Clemson strength coach Paul Hogan

But in light of yesterday's events lets go with Cam Robinson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
74 days

Let's just pretend you are one of those scrawny linebackers built and recruited to stop those spread teams, or worse a corner/safety coming up in run support. How would you like to see that ^ comin' at cha all game?

That picture is awesome.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Let's just pretend you are one of those scrawny linebackers built and recruited to stop those spread teams, or worse a corner/safety coming up in run support. How would you like to see that ^ comin' at cha all game?

That picture is awesome.
What part? Cam or Henry? Or Bo this season?

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
74 Days: Larry Rose

By Kerry Goode

74 days kick off...
And ironically #74 is making headlines.
Jim Ivy, Kareem McNeal,Paul Hogan , David Ross, Cam Robinson and Larry Rose are a few to have worn this number but Mr. Cam Robinson is making headlines off the field. In most case, when an offensive lineman makes the news it's not good,Cam is no exception. As a baptized in the Crimson blood of Bryant Denny former player, I sincerely hope me makes the most of this opportunity.
... Enough of my soapbox, let's salute a guy that did it without the spotlight.
Larry Don Rose from Gadsden Alabama's Emma Sansom high school where he made Gene Jelks look good. Larry was a high school All American as was an All American at Alabama. Larry D Rose is in the commercial laundry business as President of Southern L & R Maintenance, Inc. in Attalla Al. If you're looking for All American service from an all around great guy. Call Larry....

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
73 Days

John Hannah

I'll also recognize Billy Neighbors since I mentioned the other day that he wore #73 as well as 77

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
What part? Cam or Henry? Or Bo this season?
All of the above. One could get his licks in for a few plays, but that's a lot of meat to deal with for a whole game. Makes me do evil grins inside and out thinking about it.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
73 Days: John Hannah

By Kerry Goode

The number 73 Has a great lineup. Starting with Hall of Famer the late William Wesley "Billy" Neighbors and My teammate the late Hardy Lee Walker III. Add in a couple others like Jeremy Nunley and William Vlachos and you have some guys worthy to be honored. Unfortunately they worn the same number as the greatest lineman of all times.
John Allen "Hog" Hannah from Albertville Al. A first round draft pick/ 4th overall played left guard for the New England Patriots (1973–1...985) in the National Football League (NFL). He was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1991, and Sports Illustrated dubbed him, "The Best Offensive Lineman of All Time." He's also a member of the college football hall of fame and the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame.
9 time Pro Bowl (1976, 1978–1985)
10 times All-Pro (1976–1985)
AFC champion (1985)
NFL Alumni Offensive Lineman of the Year (1984)
4 times NFLPA Offensive Lineman of the Year (1978–1981)
2 time First-team All-American (1971, 1972) at Alabama
NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team
NFL 1980s All-Decade Team
NFL 1970s All-Decade Team
New England Patriots #73 retired.
Hannah's brothers Charley and David were also All-Conference linemen for the University of Alabama. Charley Hannah played in the NFL from 1977 to 1988 for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Los Angeles Raiders. Charley was a member of the 1983-84 Super Bowl winning Raiders.
Hannah runs John Hannah Associates, which does corporate training and team development for businesses, focusing on the banking industry.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Let's just pretend you are one of those scrawny linebackers built and recruited to stop those spread teams, or worse a corner/safety coming up in run support. How would you like to see that ^ comin' at cha all game? That picture is awesome.
Your post reminded me of a photo I saw with DJ Fluker approaching a Kent State player when we played them in 2011.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
72 Days: Willard Scissum

I always like Kerry Goode as a player and heard that he was a great guy. He is going thru something that is unreal. But reading his post on Facebook in his Jersey Number countdown has made like him even more. Prayers for him as he is dealing with ALS. Does anyone else have any comments on his intake of his best players by number list?

Number 72 belongs to two of my friends. The late Joe King and Willard Scissum.
Our honored is Willard Scissum attended Lee High School and he lettered in football, wrestling and track. He also was named the Most Valuable Offensive and Defensive Lineman both his Junior and Senior year at Lee. At Alabama, he lettered all four years and was known for his good technique and quickness off the ball. 1984 was voted the Paul Crane Most Improved Lineman. Willard had the opportun...ity to play in the Cotton Bowl, the Liberty Bowl and the Sun Bowl during his career.
After finishing his playing days at the Capstone, Willard signed with the National Football League Denver Broncos in 1985. In 1987 Willard ended his NFL career with the Washington Redskins. While at the Redskins, Willard was selected as captain of the 1987 strike team.
Willard went back to the University of Alabama as a graduate assistant in football and to work on his Master's Degree. Willard has the distinction of playing for Paul Bryant and Ray Perkins at the University of Alabama, and later coaching with Gene Stallings and Mike Dubose at Alabama. Big Will from the Ville is now Associate Head coach for Savannah State where Willard, his wife Ellen, and their son Willard, Jr., live.

Last edited:

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
71 Days: Andre Smith

By Kerry Goode

#71 Andre Dewayne Smith, Jr. from the University of Alabama, and was recognized as a unanimous All-American. He was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the first round of the 2009 NFL Draft.
Andre was born in Birmingham, Alabama. He attended Huffman High School in Birmingham, where he played football and competed in track. Smith was selected "Mr. Football" by the Alabama Sports Writers Association, becoming the only offensive lineman to ever win the honor in the association's 23-year history. Smith earned High School All-American honors by USA Today. He was also one of four finalists for the 2005 Walter Payton Trophy, given to the nation’s most athletic high school football player.
Andre now plays for the Minnesota Vikings and he is married to Talittla

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
71 Days: Andre Smith

By Kerry Goode

Bonus from Kerry Goode

Today's salute goes out to two guys that did it on a high level while wearing the number 71.
Cyrus Berenice Kouandjio (kwahn-joh) born in Cameroon
attended DeMatha Catholic High School in Hyattsville, Maryland. Kouandjio, a five-star and consensus top offensive line prospect in the nation by Rivals.com, ESPN, Scout.com, and SuperPrep,
... Kouandjio was projected as one of the top selections in the 2014 NFL Draft.He was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He became the fifth Alabama offensive linemen selected in the first two rounds in six years, after Andre Smith, James Carpenter, Chance Warmack, and D. J. Fluker.
While at the capstone Cyrus was a Consensus All-American (2013),
First-team All-SEC (2013)
2 time BCS National Champion (2012, 2013)
SEC Champion (2012)
USA Today High School All-American (2010)
Cyrus is engaged to his college girlfriend, Elizabeth Van Zandt

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.