CBS Selects Bama-Ole Miss for 2:30 Kick

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Everyone will be watching this one. There will be many hoping for Freeze to pull off a rare three in a row over Saban.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
This is very true. But, believe it or not, some will be watching because there is a growing sentiment around the conference that Ole Miss has gotten too big for its britches and wants to see how good they are now the NCAA won't let them buy recruits anymore.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
No surprise and yet.......if you look at the other games that day there's only one other possible choice they could have made anyway:

Alabama-Ole Miss
Auburn-ATM
Arky-Texas St (formerly SW Texas St)
Florida-UNT
UGA-Mizzou
KY-NM St
LSU-Miss St
SCAR-ECU
Vols-Ohio

There's ONE 'marquee' game and they picked it. Auburn/ATM, well, that's risky at this point. (They chose LSU-Auburn last year - not bad logic before the game of 'Auburn offense vs LSU defense' but a woeful game). MSU-LSU is USUALLY a very good game, but it's not Ole Miss-Alabama with the Rebs going for a three-peat.

I'm glad its at 230, but they didn't have a lot of choices. Otoh......I'll have to work that day during the game most likely

:(

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
They are like the little weekend side project at your house that you keep neglecting to take care of because you're handling bigger issues. I guess, this year, we really need to fix those loose shingles.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Very rare. Has been done twice. By Michigan from '96-'98 and Purdue from '97-'99.
And to me, you can't even really count those as significant. You have to remember that Saban took over a Michigan State team thoroughly crippled by NCAA sanctions and was just putting "the Process" into place. Plus, he was a young coach learning and making mistakes along the way. The Pittsburgh Steelers beat Bill Belichick six times in a row when he was the Browns coach and lost to them in Pittsburgh all five years there, including a playoff loss in 1994.

He's 7-3 against them since 2000 and has beaten them in the AFC title game.

Same thing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.