Link: SEC On the Field Rule Changes

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Once the ball has left the tackle box, a player cannot block another below the waste on a player moving from the inside to the perimeter.
Don't these sites have editors? (Being married to the yearbook adviser has made me even more aware of these petty errors.)

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Interesting that the replay booth can stop play to review a possible no-call on targeting, and if warranted, call the penalty from the box. Essentially overturn a no-call.

But that power extends only to targeting. As in, if there's a lineman 8 yards downfield on a pass play, and the officials on the field miss it, the replay booth can't overturn the miss. Sure wish they could review that one.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Interesting that the replay booth can stop play to review a possible no-call on targeting, and if warranted, call the penalty from the box. Essentially overturn a no-call.

But that power extends only to targeting. As in, if there's a lineman 8 yards downfield on a pass play, and the officials on the field miss it, the replay booth can't overturn the miss. Sure wish they could review that one.
Be careful what you wish for. If the replay officials can review anything they think is a no call, the college game could be ruined.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

Be careful what you wish for. If the replay officials can review anything they think is a no call, the college game could be ruined.
I agree with Basket Case. Maybe allow it on illegal plays that score touchdowns.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree with Basket Case. Maybe allow it on illegal plays that score touchdowns.
Great idea. Since they review all scoring plays anyway, simply add this to that review. IMO, this and "rub" route are the most important calls to get right in the game. Teams have added these plays on purpose, knowing that the officials miss most of them. But, if a TD is scored on a pass play, this aspect should be subject to review.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Why is the picture of Saban right above the new rule on unsportsmanlike conduct? Shouldn't that have been Muschamp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Why is the picture of Saban right above the new rule on unsportsmanlike conduct? Shouldn't that have been Muschamp?

The article was probably written (or edited) by a barner....:cool2:

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Because football doesn't have enough rules already? If I were in charge, I'd be looking at rules that simplify the game for the officials, not give them more things to look for (and miss) in the midst of ever-faster-moving live action...

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Great idea. Since they review all scoring plays anyway, simply add this to that review. IMO, this and "rub" route are the most important calls to get right in the game. Teams have added these plays on purpose, knowing that the officials miss most of them. But, if a TD is scored on a pass play, this aspect should be subject to review.
Isn't it just the NFL that does that?

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Sure would've changed the dynamics of Aub 13 game and OM 15.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.