Link: SEC Film Room to Break Down Championship Game

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Set your DVRs, Alabama fans. The SEC Network is set to debut a special edition of SEC Film Room featuring Alabama head coach Nick Saban and former Crimson Tide quarterback and SEC Network analyst Greg McElroy.

Saban and McElroy will break down Alabama’s 45-40 victory over the Clemson Tigers in this past year’s College Football Playoff national title game in the episode, which airs Thursday, June 9, at 6:30 p.m. CT.

In the preview, Saban again explains in-phase, out-of-phase while watching freshman safety Ronnie Harrison’s pass breakup in the end zone. He also praises a throw by quarterback Jake Coker with pressure in his face.
A preview is at the bottom of the article.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
U-Verse actually has it scheduled for 6pm on 6/9/2016 and the CFPCG broadcast right after it. (Just set those to record)

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Next time I hear "why our db's not watching the ball.......?" I will say, they were "out of phase", meaning a technique glitch created a situation where the last resort of completing task is to watch eyes and hands of receiver. This is from coach Saban, and I am glad to have it documented. It is effective. It goes back to Bend but don 't break. Instead of turning around and getting burned, you have a good chance at either breaking up the pass or a lesser pass interference call. Bend but don't break.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is not it right? I thought it was gonna be like a replay with comments.
I thought the same thing until I set my DVR and saw that it was only an hour long. The entire game is being replayed after this, though.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Next time I hear "why our db's not watching the ball.......?" I will say, they were "out of phase", meaning a technique glitch created a situation where the last resort of completing task is to watch eyes and hands of receiver. This is from coach Saban, and I am glad to have it documented. It is effective. It goes back to Bend but don 't break. Instead of turning around and getting burned, you have a good chance at either breaking up the pass or a lesser pass interference call. Bend but don't break.
If the DB doesn't look back and the ball hits his helmet and bounces into the receivers hands and he runs for a TD, I would say it broke.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.