"One True Champion" at least sounded good.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Big 12 will have a title game in 2017. I wonder how that will turn out? Every year it will be a rematch, not just now and then like with SEC, ACC, B1G and P12.

Now to have One True Champion each team will have to play each other twice, lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...o-reinstate-title-game-in-2017-190553684.html
Big 12, 10, 9 whatever has become the JOKE of CFB.

Come On Maaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!! Grow Up Already BIG????????????............ Whatever

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
It's a mess. I'd say this all but guarantees expansion. The Sooner fan base wants out yesterday.
I was hoping OU would have made the leap to the SEC in our last expansion along with TAMU. That would have been nice to reunite OU, TAMU and Arkansas at least. Oh well. Unfortunately, OU and UTw are tied at the waist.

Sagamore Bill

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma
All the talk on sports radio here is how this will make the conference more viable for the playoffs. How playing the same team twice, maybe one week apart, will do that no one can really explain. Imagine OU & OK St. playing the last weekend in Nov. & playing again a week later...now that is prestigious.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
it's about the money they get for that CCG and the media exposure. Honestly, I think this is a precursor for expansion. They will have 12 or 14 teams before that 2017 game is played.
Who would you pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Who would you pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strictly from trying to keep the league together when the others decide to go to 16, I would go for some teams closer to W Virginia. I wouldn't care about perception, just TV sets and travel distance. Cincinnati, UConn, UCF and Memphis. I would move Iowa State, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State here. Now we have Oklahoma in one division and Texas in the other and the Red River Shootout would be most every year in the championship game.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Let's start with the fact that there are no good choices. My personal preference would be a move to the SEC West. Next option to the Big 10 West. There's a lot of talk about OU, KU, UT, and Mizzou going to the Big 10. Mizzou is interesting....they fit the Big 10 better than the SEC. It would reignite the KU rivalry. They are the only reasonable SEC switch. No way A&M leaves the SEC. A PAC 12 East is my least favorite option. If it comes down to going for other schools I'd target C.F. , Cinn., UH, and BYU. Three of four put you in prime recruiting areas and BYU is a quality opponent. Texas is unlikely to vote for UH. The Big 12 has time to figure this out. Each school just got 30 million for 2015 plus each school, 3rd tier rights and a CCG will add another 3 million each so it's not like there is a huge sense of urgency. However, there is no doubt that OU is looking strategically and in the long run the conference as it exists cannot compete financially with the SEC or Big 10. According to reports Boren pulled a "Jimmy Chitwood" in the Big 12 meetings saying "if Mayfield goes so do we". Hence a 2nd vote. Unlike most we have a strong relationship with UT but when the rubber meets the road I think OU will do what it has to do and that includes kicking OK.State to the curb.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
when we lost three legacy Big 8 rivals it really hurt from a fan stand point. There's simply no juice in seeing WVU or TCU on Owen Field.....never was any for Baylor. Thank God we have always scheduled big time non-conference opponents. A&M was a great opponent as well. While we dominated the series there were some great games and Kyle Field is a tremendous away game experience. We have home/homes scheduled with TOSU, Nebraska, LSU, Michigan, and Army coming up. Financially OU is one of a handful of programs operating profitably and w/o state support but if the big oil boys are paying for suites and seeing home schedules with Iowa St., WVU, TCU, Baylor, etc., particularly as it will be when we go to Columbus in 2017 so no big non-conference home game, the financial support will dwindle.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Let's start with the fact that there are no good choices. My personal preference would be a move to the SEC West. Next option to the Big 10 West. There's a lot of talk about OU, KU, UT, and Mizzou going to the Big 10. Mizzou is interesting....they fit the Big 10 better than the SEC. It would reignite the KU rivalry. They are the only reasonable SEC switch. No way A&M leaves the SEC. A PAC 12 East is my least favorite option. If it comes down to going for other schools I'd target C.F. , Cinn., UH, and BYU. Three of four put you in prime recruiting areas and BYU is a quality opponent. Texas is unlikely to vote for UH. The Big 12 has time to figure this out. Each school just got 30 million for 2015 plus each school, 3rd tier rights and a CCG will add another 3 million each so it's not like there is a huge sense of urgency. However, there is no doubt that OU is looking strategically and in the long run the conference as it exists cannot compete financially with the SEC or Big 10. According to reports Boren pulled a "Jimmy Chitwood" in the Big 12 meetings saying "if Mayfield goes so do we". Hence a 2nd vote. Unlike most we have a strong relationship with UT but when the rubber meets the road I think OU will do what it has to do and that includes kicking OK.State to the curb.
Now this is interesting and very possible. I know the PAC 12 is struggling for viewers and adding Texas and Oklahoma would be great for that. Plus it gives them all kinds of options with 16 teams like four quad divisions. The only drawback I see is the LHN but if I were the P12 I would go ahead ..... what choice do they have?

Now that would leave the rest of the conference ripe for picking and who would replace Mizzou? I am not certain they would leave all this money. That would leave Iowa State and Kansas State the odd man out.

I suspect the other six or seven would wind up in the MWC or AAC making it Power 6. Looking for a home would be Oklahoma State, TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech, Kansas State West Virginia and Iowa State.

Also, if they split into two five team divisions they could go this way, according to SBNation:

Texas: Texas

Texas Associates: Baylor, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, TCU, Texas Tech, W Va.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ig-12-divisions-realignment-championship-game

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.