Yahoo: Harbaugh-Saban truce? Michigan, Alabama to work camps together (Dr. Saturday)

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From Yahoo Sports:
June 3rd, 2016 03:00 PM

Remember when. Nick Saban got really mad about satellite camps and then Jim Harbaugh called him out for it and then Saban responded and then Harbaugh responded back ? Oh yeah, that was this week! As that beef simmers, one would think it’d probably be a bit strange for the Alabama and Michigan staffs to work alongside each other, wouldn’t it? [ Check out Dr. Saturday on Tumblr for entertaining things you won’t see on the blog ] Well, get a load of this: ? Alabama Football will be joining #ODU & Michigan for camp June 5 ? #ODUFB #RWQB #RollTide #GoBlue pic.twitter.com/XdijMU794Z — Ron Whitcomb (@ronwhitcomb) June 3, 2016 Excited to announce #Bama staff members will be attending our #Michigan #SwarmTour Camp in #Bmore this Monday UTZ Field #GoBlue #RollTide — Henry Russell (@SD_Hank) June 3, 2016 That’s right. Coaches from Alabama will participate in not one, but two satellite camps with Michigan in the coming days. First, members of both staffs will appear at Old Dominion’s “College Exposure” camp on Sunday in Norfolk, Va. The next day, the coaches will head north to Baltimore to work a camp at St. Frances Academy. Old Dominion head coach Bobby Wilder told the Virginian-Pilot he reached out to Harbaugh after hearing back from Alabama to make sure he was on board with the Crimson Tide coaches attending. Coaches from Wake Forest will also be in attendance. "Like I always do, I asked the school we’re partnering with to get permission for another Power 5 school to attend,” Wilder said. "Like he was with Wake Forest, he was fine with Alabama joining. He said, 'It’s your camp, whatever you think is best for the kids is fine with us.'" Alabama is hosting a camp on its campus over the weekend, so Wilder is unsure if Saban will make the trip to Norfolk. Nonetheless, he’s excited representatives from the Crimson Tide will be on ODU’s campus. "The good news is that they're coming," Wilder said. "You’re talking about Old Dominion having the defending national champions on our campus. I don’t see how that doesn’t help Old Dominion football. It’s a positive for Old Dominion football and a positive for high school kids who will be attending this camp." Earlier in the week, Saban referred to satellite camps as the “wild, wild west” and said they are bad for college football. Saban specifically mentioned third-party involvement in the camps and the potential for NCAA violations that could come from that. Harbaugh, who played a big part in bringing satellite camps to the forefront of college football, responded on Twitter, bringing up the resignation of an Alabama coach (for impermissible contact with recruits) in the process. "Amazing" to me- Alabama broke NCAA rules & now their HC is lecturing us on the possibility of rules being broken at camps. Truly "amazing." — Coach Harbaugh (@CoachJim4UM) June 1, 2016 The next day, Saban told ESPN.com that he doesn’t “really care what (Harbaugh) thinks or tweets.” "I say what I think is best for college football and say what I think is best for the players and the kids," Saban said. "As I said, it's not about him or anybody else." [ Visit Dr. Saturday on Facebook for stories you might have missed and chat with the writers ] Later that day, Harbaugh told reporters that he felt Saban’s comments were hypocritical. VIDEO: Jim Harbaugh on his tweet about Nick Saban. pic.twitter.com/UT6Ii4GoGs — Derek Tyson (@DerekTysonESPN) June 2, 2016 Harbaugh previously had a brief Twitter spat with Georgia coach Kirby Smart and the two were cordial at a camp in the Atlanta area on Thursday. Jim Harbaugh introduced himself to Kirby Smart by saying: "Kirby, how you doing? Harbaugh." pic.twitter.com/Sk3mTk5nWg — Justin Felder (@Justin_FOX5) June 2, 2016 We’re going to go out on a limb and expect similar cordiality when the Michigan and Alabama staffs are together.. For more Alabama news, visit TideSports.com . For more Michigan news, visit TheWolverine.com . - - - - - - - Sam Cooper is a writer for the Yahoo Sports blogs. Have a tip? Email him or follow him on Twitter! Follow @SamDCooper

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.