Link: Report: Full Details Of Kirby Smart’s Georgia Contract Have Been Released

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Dadgum..I'm truly happy to see Coach Smart become one of the highest paid HC's in college football, looks like the Georgia "Power's That Be" finally wised up, by opening up the checkbook, with $$$$$ incentives to win at Georgia..

I hope they'll be happy with coming in 2nd place in the SEC behind Coach Saban & "The Process"..Winning the SEC East & coming in 2nd is a big accomplishment for them..Cause that's prolly as good as it will get as long as "The Process" is clicking on all cylinders at Bama..LOL

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

According to Marc Weiszer of the Athens Banner-Herald, Smart landed a contract full of incentive laden clauses and a number of perk packages. Smart’s 2016 salary of $3.75 million has been known for some time, however complete knowledge of the contract’s breakdown had yet to be revealed until this time.

Smart will make $2.27 million for media compensation, $1.08 million for equipment endorsements and will have a base salary of $400,000 in 2016. If Georgia were to win the national championship in 2016, Smart would cash in with a $1 million dollar bonus. In total, Smart is eligible to receive $1.6 million in bonuses.

Georgia fans don’t have to worry about Smart jumping ship anytime soon either, as the coach would owe $3.75 million to the school if he left within one calendar year of coming to Athens. Conversely, if the school were to fire Smart within one calendar year, it would owe Smart $13.5 million. Both figures reduce annually during the length of the total six-year contract.

Smart was also given the power to work with the athletic department in regards to scheduling future opponents, however the school’s athletic director has final say on all scheduling decisions.

Other perks for Smart include free travel and expenses for his family to every Georgia game – both home and away games, the use of a 25 box seat for every home game, as well as six tickets to every game including conference championship games and any bowl appearances. Smart also will receive a paid membership to the Athens Country Club.

Without ever serving as a head coach before, Smart certainly landed himself a fantastic deal for his first crack at the job.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Certainly a big raise from his Bama pay, but nothing special there that I can see.

It's a lot of money, but still Places him low in the bottom half of SEC head coach pay.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Certainly a big raise from his Bama pay, but nothing special there that I can see.

It's a lot of money, but still Places him low in the bottom half of SEC head coach pay.
You make a valid point, but, for a HC that has no HC'ing experience under his belt & this is his 1st go as a HC..That's a pretty dang sweet contract..I just hope that Coach Smart is allowed to grow as a HC & will be allowed the growing pains that will come from cutting his teeth as a HC at Georgia..And they don't call for his head if he doesn't produce the Bama like results from the get-go..

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I am torn on how to feel about Kirby in Georgia. Part of me wants to see him succeed and the other part (the part that has to live in Georgia) wants UGA to forever be terrible to mediocre.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Good for Kirby, he`s paid his dues and earned his shot. Wish him nothing but the best against everybody but us, of course.
I am torn on how to feel about Kirby in Georgia. Part of me wants to see him succeed and the other part (the part that has to live in Georgia) wants UGA to forever be terrible to mediocre.
TideFlyer & Dzyn I agree 100% with both y'all..I wish Kirby nothing but the best cause of his loyalty he showed Alabama & Coach Saban..If The Crimson Tide doesn't win the SEC I'll be pulling for Kirby & Coach Mac either one to win it all..

Is he represented by Jimmy Sexton?
Yup..According to this article Sexton is Kirby's Agent..Dadgum..Gotta give Jimmy Sexton credit for being the "Nick Saban" of Sports Agents..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Took the words right out of my mouth, except the part of living in Georgia. However, I have lived in Georgia and know the dog fans well. If I still lived there I would be weighted toward the wanting Georgia to be terrible to mediocre. As it is I am on the fence, only because I like Kirby.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I am happy for Kirby. Yeah, it's high for a first time coach but still low comparison. If he does half as well as I think he will, that will change. But seeing as how I really hate UGA (and their everyday fans in Atlanta), I hope he does great but loses every game against Bama or any game where Bama could use the help :cool2: ... in other words, I hope he does as good as Mark Richt did and no more.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I am happy for Kirby. Yeah, it's high for a first time coach but still low comparison. If he does half as well as I think he will, that will change. But seeing as how I really hate UGA (and their everyday fans in Atlanta), I hope he does great but loses every game against Bama or any game where Bama could use the help :cool2: ... in other words, I hope he does as good as Mark Richt did and no more.
Yup..If Kirby wins big right out the gate at Georgia, the incentive structure in his contract, will put him among the elite in college football & among the Top HC's in the game if I'm reading his contract right..Georgia was with no pun intended "Smart" in the way they structured Kirby's contract..

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I liked Kirby because he was ours. Seeing as he isn't now, I've no problem hoping the dawgs continue to be the same old UGA we've known for the past two decades.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I would have thought that UGA would have went the route of au and ole miss and hired some high flying private high school head coach. LOL Good for Kirby.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.