Link: Stanford Swimmer Sentenced to 6 Months in Jail

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Six months if you are a swimmer at Stanford, zero months if you are a starting QB at FSU. Kid should transfer to FSU.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
“A prison sentence would have a severe impact on him"

Um, does this judge understand the concept of punishment?
A sentence is supposed to have as much of a detterent effect as its punishment effect. I believe the judge failed miserably in both regards.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
The sentence likely reflects the fact that both were intoxicated. Neither individual had complete control of his actions/decisions. I'm not inclined to express outrage over the verdict.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
The sentence likely reflects the fact that both were intoxicated. Neither individual had complete control of his actions/decisions. I'm not inclined to express outrage over the verdict.
Do you drink? Ever passed out? If a dude raped your unconcious body, would you be so forgiving?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
So that means I can go out, get drunk, do all kinds of unspeakable things to other folks and still get away with it because I was drunk? Really? Cool!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
That shows you how crazy California is. If she admitted to telling him ''Take me out, get me drunk, take me behind an dumpster and do with me what you will.'' then that shows how crazy she is.

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
Well based on what I've read to date, he may have never penetrated the victim.

As a note, witness testimony indicates that the victim and defendant interacted during the KA party.
He told police on Jan 18 that he was ''kissing, fondling and digitally penetrating'' her. Regardless of whether he penetrated her with a part of his body or a foreign object, doing so without her permission is still rape. I guess the only decisive factor is whether she gave or at least implied her consent.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
He told police on Jan 18 that he was ''kissing, fondling and digitally penetrating'' her. Regardless of whether he penetrated her with a part of his body or a foreign object, doing so without her permission is still rape. I guess the only decisive factor is whether she gave or at least implied her consent.
Interestingly, no witnesses indicated that he drug her out of the party into the alley and behind the trash bin.

Yes, there is evidence that his fingers were involved.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
This article includes a letter that the victim addressed to her attacker after the sentence was handed down. About the only way the letter could have been better is if she had spit in the judge's fact at the end.

And because it has come up, no, the scumbag was not charged with rape. He was charged--and convicted--on three counts: assault with the intent to commit rape, sexual penetration with a foreign object of an intoxicated person, and sexual penetration with a foreign object of an unconscious person. My suspicion is that the prosecution didn't want to mess with the issue of drunken consent on the theory that those three charges--all felonies, btw--would get a maximum sentence.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.