Hoover keeps the SEC tournament for the near future

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Glad to see it is staying in Hoover. I thought the Barons leaving would hurt them but looks like city is stepping up to keep the place going.

Of course all the other people are whining about it. But it is a good central location (not that Nashville and Memphis aren't) that draws a good out of town crowd. If our new coach gets it going and gives the locals a reason to show up it will be packed. Remember when we played the barn in an opening day game in the morning and there were traffic jams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yea 67 I remember being a Senior in h.s. (98 when we played #1 UF and Dax hit the go ahead homer in the 9th) and my buddy drove us up there and we jumped a curb to park in a field just so we could go ahead and park as it was the night game that Friday night. We quickly forgot the van was front wheel drive and I told my buddy to floor it because we were not going to be embarrassed in front of everyone:biggrin:

We burnt a lot of rubber off the tires (evidenced by the rubber pile below the curb) but we made it:biggrin: I miss those days when we were that good.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.