**** #2 JUCO OT Elliot Baker SIGNS LOI with Alabama ****

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: *** #2 JUCO OT Elliot Baker Commits to Alabama ***

He says he's taking the visits to make sure he's happy with Alabama. Doesn't appear to be a concern... Yet.

Trey Smith doesn't seem to be a possibility right now. His sister works for Tennessee. Isaiah Wilson might be, but Michigan appears to be the likely landing spot.
would not be surprised if he didn't stick

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

would not be surprised if he didn't stick
Wouldn't surprise me either - no insider info, but with the move of Kirvin to OG Cotton back to 2nd team RT the young depth at tackle is incredible and as a JUCO with only two years he might not want to take the chance he can't come in and get a spot immediately. The opening left by Robinson might be filled with Williams moving over and Cotton moving up, which would mean we're set at OT for two more seasons, past Baker's eligibility.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

AJC story after our latest OL commitment quotes a source as saying a switch by Baker is on the radar now. Here

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

Wouldn't surprise me either - no insider info, but with the move of Kirvin to OG Cotton back to 2nd team RT the young depth at tackle is incredible and as a JUCO with only two years he might not want to take the chance he can't come in and get a spot immediately. The opening left by Robinson might be filled with Williams moving over and Cotton moving up, which would mean we're set at OT for two more seasons, past Baker's eligibility.
Or, is it the other way around; is the fact this guys is probably not going to stick the reason we took the additional offensive lineman?

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Re: **** #2 JUCO OT Elliot Baker Commits to Alabama ****

I think it has to do with the fact that we are in the running for several elite freshman tackles that would have longer to play and the plug and play option at tackle for a junior college player isn't a shoe in like it was when Saban first came to Alabama.

Carpenter is the only juco tackle to start that I can think of. I know we signed a few more but they ended up moving positions or providing depth. This is only my opinion with no insider knowledge.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I think it has to do with the fact that we are in the running for several elite freshman tackles that would have longer to play and the plug and play option at tackle for a junior college player isn't a shoe in like it was when Saban first came to Alabama.

Carpenter is the only juco tackle to start that I can think of. I know we signed a few more but they ended up moving positions or providing depth. This is only my opinion with no insider knowledge.
Agreed and Baker's play this year may have something to do with it also.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

We're certainly due to have a JC OT turn into a huge success .... this guy has the size to do it.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Could well be our next RT. I`ll be stunned if Jonah doesn`t flip sides. Then again, for whatever reason, Ross was never comfortable on the right side, so you never know.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Could well be our next RT. I`ll be stunned if Jonah doesn`t flip sides. Then again, for whatever reason, Ross was never comfortable on the right side, so you never know.
Leatherwood is going to want a shot at starting at tackle next year. You guys are bringing in a lot of offensive tackles this year, especially with Williams in place for the next 2 seasons. Can/will any play guard?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Leatherwood is going to want a shot at starting at tackle next year. You guys are bringing in a lot of offensive tackles this year, especially with Williams in place for the next 2 seasons. Can/will any play guard?
Don`t know. Seems I saw where Kendall Randolph is slated for guard and was a tackle in HS. It may very well be (probably so ) that all this has been discussed with everybody and somebody else may well play guard/red shirt

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I think so. Wills has more of a G build to him. Our staff has always moved OL around to make sure they knew all the positions. We just moved Kirven into RG from RT (was a DT his first couple of years) and he has done a great job.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Baker just signed with Bama since today is JUCO signing day.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Thought the same thing. Appeared very slender in his visit pics.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.