**** #2 JUCO OT Elliot Baker SIGNS LOI with Alabama ****

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: **** #2 JUCO OT Elliot Baker Commits to Alabama ****

long arms, tall torso.... probably won't add a ton more weight, but will add strength this spring.
Seems like Jonah`s not a monster size wise by O line standards, if I recall correctly. I think he`s turned out pretty fair (blue font ).

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Seems like Jonah`s not a monster size wise by O line standards, if I recall correctly. I think he`s turned out pretty fair (blue font ).
tackle is as much about leverage and technique as it is about strength. guards can be less athletic and get away with it.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Did not see this mentioned. Read in one of the articles that Baker did not receive any Division 1 scholarship offers when coming out of high school.

Unless something bad was going on, this tells me that he is still getting better as a player.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Did not see this mentioned. Read in one of the articles that Baker did not receive any Division 1 scholarship offers when coming out of high school.

Unless something bad was going on, this tells me that he is still getting better as a player.
Could have been grades.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Could have been grades.
article I read was that his HS team sucked and the coaches were also horrible and did nothing to help any of the players get any notice. Think Baker had 4 OL coaches in 4 years and never had any decent strength/conditioning or technique coaching. He lucked out that his HS got a visit from the HC at the JC he ended up at and the coach saw him in the gym and then watched some tape to give him an offer. Greyshirted him so he could work out and get stronger. From there Baker's been a rockstar

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Could have been grades.
Yeah, that's one item that fits under "something bad going on".

article I read was that his HS team sucked and the coaches were also horrible and did nothing to help any of the players get any notice. Think Baker had 4 OL coaches in 4 years and never had any decent strength/conditioning or technique coaching. He lucked out that his HS got a visit from the HC at the JC he ended up at and the coach saw him in the gym and then watched some tape to give him an offer. Greyshirted him so he could work out and get stronger. From there Baker's been a rockstar
This makes it even more interesting.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Unlikely to happen but JC transfers do get red-shirted from time to time, so I believe it's 3 years to play 2.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.