The Gary Johnson thread

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
On the other hand, if I register the Charmin Party (sounds either delightful or dirty) and demand a voter list, should I have free access to that information? Not necessarily defending this, but I do understand why hurdles exist.

If the Alabama Democratic Party were smart, they would support the Libertarians here.
I do worry someone could form a party just to get the list for telemarketing. I agree there should be some barrier. But since the Libertarians are able to get on the ballot every time, I’d say they have cleared that hurdle and should have access to the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I do worry someone could form a party just to get the list for telemarketing. I agree there should be some barrier. But since the Libertarians are able to get on the ballot every time, I’d say they have cleared that hurdle and should have access to the list.
I'm not sure what the legal criteria for being a "major party" is in AL (since only major parties get these lists for free), but I agree that having enough support to consistently make the state ballot should be enough to clear the threshold and give them equal access.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Yeah, in the back of my mind there was the thought of someone getting the list for nefarious purposes, but then I thought how R's and D's do that already. :D

Seriously though, Libertarians have a track record. Some barriers can be in place without 1 making the bar too high or 2 specifically giving it to two parties and charging high fees to anyone else. The way the law is written is a problem.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.