The Gary Johnson thread

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
A vote for either of them to me does not speak well for the integrity and principals of the person that votes, supports them.
Vote for principals!

(I'm sorry ... that was a cheap shot and I know it. Just going for the cheap laughs. /vocab police )

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
so i guess my support vote for hillary will speak volumes about my integrity, morals and principals :rolleyes:

I don't know, you tell me. Are you voting for Hillary because you think she is a fine and upstanding woman, has done nothing wrong or because she just so happens to be the Democratic nominee for president? I have no clue what your morals and principals are....other than you being a Bama fan! ;)

What do you personally think or believe about Hillary Clinton and what is it about her that makes you compelled to support her? Do you think she is honest? Moral? Has integrity? Just curious. :)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I, for one, will not think any less of your integrity, morals or principles if you vote for Hillary.
Glad you said this. I get tired of people saying they unfriend someone on Facebook based on who they vote for.

A woman I went to high school with said on there she assumes anyone who votes for Trump shares his views. Should I ask if she would stay with her husband if he had a bunch of affairs, like Hillary did? Voting for her says you agree with everything she says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't know, you tell me. Are you voting for Hillary because you think she is a fine and upstanding woman, has done nothing wrong or because she just so happens to be the Democratic nominee for president? I have no clue what your morals and principals are....other than you being a Bama fan! ;)

What do you personally think or believe about Hillary Clinton and what is it about her that makes you compelled to support her? Do you think she is honest? Moral? Has integrity? Just curious. :)
i have said many times on here that i am voting for her because i think she will make a good president.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Glad you said this. I get tired of people saying they unfriend someone on Facebook based on who they vote for.

A woman I went to high school with said on there she assumes anyone who votes for Trump shares his views. Should I ask if she would stay with her husband if he had a bunch of affairs, like Hillary did? Voting for her says you agree with everything she says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i think you missed the joke.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
John Oliver did a segment the other night on third parties that delved into Johnson and Jill Stein a good bit (Last Week Tonight - Third Parties for those wishing to search). Johnson is definitely an odd dude that doesn't seem to have all of his ideas nailed down and may have sexually assaulted a mountain but I'd still choose him above the rest. Although Joe Exotic may have earned my vote from the segment.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
John Oliver did a segment the other night on third parties that delved into Johnson and Jill Stein a good bit (Last Week Tonight - Third Parties for those wishing to search). Johnson is definitely an odd dude that doesn't seem to have all of his ideas nailed down and may have sexually assaulted a mountain but I'd still choose him above the rest. Although Joe Exotic may have earned my vote from the segment.
Yes! Joe Exotic is like the Basil Marceaux of the presidential race.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
So with the sexual predator on one side and the habitual criminal on the other, is everyone sure they don't want to vote for someone with integrity?

I have never seen anything like this election cycle in my lifetime.

Johnson is tantalizingly close to getting 5% of the popular vote, thus qualifying the Libertarians for major party status so far as federal election funding goes and may qualify in one or more states to hold primaries with the big boys.

The basic premise of libertarianism is very close to classical liberalism: you have the right to do as you please so long as you don't step on anyone else's rights and you have the right to keep what you earn. So it ends up being socially "liberal" and fiscally "conservative".

So if you believe in freedom in all facets of your life then this might be the party for you. If you are sick of false choices and being let down, if you are appalled by both candidates, if you find yourself defending the indefensible and no longer want to sell your soul for someone who will betray you, if you want to keep more of what you earn, if you want to be left alone to do what you will and are willing to allow others to do the same, if you want fewer and smarter regulations, if you are tired of our young men and women dying in undeclared wars that do not advance our interests or protect us, if you are tired of being spied on by your government, if the federal debt troubles you, if you understand that politicians are ignoring the looming social security and medicare crisis and want someone who will act to make both programs you paid into all your life solvent so you can use them without bankrupting your country, if you can excuse Barack Obama for saying there are 57 states or Trump for being a constitutional idiot or Hillary for not understanding what the Heller or Citizens United rulings actually did to protect all our rights or Caine for thinking the constitution limited SCOTUS justices to 15 or Pence for being Pence and are willing to forgive an Aleppo moment as well, If you don't necessarily expect your president to "admire" a foreign leader, if you believe thee government should have less power and you should have more......then maybe you'll give a third party a second look after all.

And maybe if you aren't ready yet and you still think voting for someone whose political philosophy is more closely aligned with the founding fathers than any other is a crazy idea and that maybe someone who believes, like those founding fathers, that limiting government and maximizing personal freedom is a crazy idea....well....maybe you will do some soul searching and some researching and at least reconsider before the next election. Maybe you'll stop enabling people to continually betray you and your interests. Maybe you will study the philosophies of John Locke and others. Maybe you'll study political philosophies like classical liberalism and others. Maybe you'll be prepared the next time around to pick a better candidate for your own party or perhaps even go a different direction.

I can tell you that letting go of the major parties altogether has been liberating for me. It has been transformative. I no longer see through the lense of protecting my guy and destroying the other. I simply look at them and decide what is best for myself and my country. I don't have to make excuses for bad or even criminal behavior. I don't have to sell my soul to cast my vote. I know and admit that my guy is imperfect and that's OK with me because they all are.

Michelle Obama in a speech recently told minorities that Trump was saying bad things about Clinton to "suppress" voter turnout and make them feel that their voice didn't count and wouldn't be heard. She thought this was something her audience should fight against, that they should stand for something. Pretty rich after her husband told people not to waste their vote of a third party. He was doing the same thing Trump was doing and that Hillary is doing and yet she only laments when it goes against Clinton. And yet this while wasted vote idea has been the prevailing theme against third parties and against the people voting in their best interest for decades. This is how they get you to close your mind and stop thinking and retreat to a "safe" choice. Because they want to restrict your choices. They can't do it by force so they do it with psychological tactics. These are the tricks they play. They, of course, being the ruling/political class.

So whatever you decide this election - and I do hope you give it a second thought - going forward I hope you take it upon yourself to break away from the contrived and shallow narratives you're fed by the candidates, the media, and the spinsters and dig deeper into philosophies and principles and how you think America should be. I hope you'll stop choosing the lesser of two evils and begin choosing someone who actually represents you. That may be a major party candidate or a different third party candidate than I'd choose. And that's OK. All that really matters is that you can put your head down at night with a clear conscience and that you move the needle closer to where you want it to be.

Stepping down off my soapbox now.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Nice, NT16. Gary Johnson will get my vote. I won't utilize pretzel logic or outright lies to convince myself that Clinton or Trump are good presidential candidates much less good people. I wouldn't want my family or my investments anywhere near these two clowns.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Nice, NT16. Gary Johnson will get my vote. I won't utilize pretzel logic or outright lies to convince myself that Clinton or Trump are good presidential candidates much less good people. I wouldn't want my family or my investments anywhere near these two clowns.
I voted for Gary in 12, Harry Brown before that and I was all set to vote for Gary in this one but for the first time ever I feel like I can't risk it

I truly believe that this choice is between ruling class status quo - Hillary and total, complete, chaos in Trump. I think he is extremely dangerous, like America's own Robert Mugabe. It honestly has me a bit twisted up on this one. GA is becoming a swing state and if can help to defeat Trump even if it means Hillary for 4 years and 4 more years of bigger government I may just have to do it.

and I hate it but I know Trump will be a trainwreck and it's not one I am willing to watch

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I voted for Gary in 12, Harry Brown before that and I was all set to vote for Gary in this one but for the first time ever I feel like I can't risk it

I truly believe that this choice is between ruling class status quo - Hillary and total, complete, chaos in Trump. I think he is extremely dangerous, like America's own Robert Mugabe. It honestly has me a bit twisted up on this one. GA is becoming a swing state and if can help to defeat Trump even if it means Hillary for 4 years and 4 more years of bigger government I may just have to do it.

and I hate it but I know Trump will be a trainwreck and it's not one I am willing to watch
I voted Gary Johnson the last time and truly looked to vote for someone this time around whom I thought would have a chance to win among the duopoly. I am as independent as you can get, but when the final choices came down to the clown to the right and joker to the left.... here I am right back to where I was in '12. ;)

I know the long odds of Gary chances but there is a whole nuther reason I am voting for him this time around. I am voting for the future!! If Gary Johnson gets 5% or more of the popular vote the Libertarian party will be, by the Federal Election Commission, be eligible for the Presidential Election Campaign Fund’s grant as a major party!

If in the 2012 presidential election the Libertarian party candidate, Gary Johnson, had achieved 5% of the popular vote, then he would have received approximately $9.5 million from the presidential campaign election fund. By reaching 5 percent of the popular vote, Gary Johnson will secure approximately $10 million or more for the Libertarian candidate in the 2020 election. For a third party candidate, this is a significant start!!

The duopoly needs to end somehow, someway and sometime soon!!! Every vote for Gary Johnson counts towards that in this election!! Vote Gary Johnson for the future of the end of the duopoly not for the present rigged system!! Can we really afford another 4 to 8 years of what we have now? Personally if I had to vote between the clown and joker I would give Trump the benefit of the doubt for four years. We really don't know how he would do to be honest.

By the way Gary said this was his last election attempt.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.