The Gary Johnson thread

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Bottom line: Johnson doesn't stand a chance only because everyone thinks he doesn't stand a chance and so they dismiss him out of hand.
He doesn't stand a chance because he's already lost. People will not vote for a loser. He's had quite a number of years to prove that he is a viable candidate at the national level but has been unable to build a meaningful coalition of support and funding. Somehow Bernie did it. Why not Gary?

Last edited:

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
Yeah, all that sounds fine, but every time he opens his piehole he makes me regret voting for him, in the past.

As for Weld....................yeah, that was the end of the line.

Guess I have no choice other than a write-in. Which might as well be.................I dunno.........sebell. At least he seems to have a sense of humor.

What about jthomas666...he has an AK-47 and a Walter Winchell hat...or is that Indiana Jones?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
new OpEd, nails it again

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...on-bill-weld-libertarian-214069#ixzz4EtXNeJ4e

As a former Republican, I’m shocked that the party of Abraham Lincoln is nominating a man with a vision of America that doesn’t even resemble that of the party I once knew. And his vice presidential pick, Mike Pence, who as governor of Indiana has left a record of division in his state, only makes matters worse.

Despite the calls at the GOP convention in Cleveland for national unity, Donald Trump sees our country as a land of exclusion. He wants Americans to act as powerless serfs bullied by someone who says he will protect them. Throughout world history, that has been the calling card of Big Government autocrats.

His character assaults are unbounded. His campaign has been one of serial attacks on opponents and climbing to the top by hurting people. And frankly, his immigration and trade policies appear to consist of the same strategies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/2...eating-trump-clinton-among-active-duty-troops

Johnson leads active military nonscientific survey.

Johnson garnered 38.7 percent of the active duty vote, versus 30.9 for Trump, and 14.1 for Clinton, according to the survey, which was conducted via the popular military personality Doctrine Man. Although the survey was not a scientific poll with a margin of error, it provides a snapshot of the preferences of about 3,500 active duty, reservists, retired and former members of the military and their family members, 95.7 percent of which were registered voters. Among all services except for the Navy, Johnson performed better than Trump and Clinton.
Current, reserve and former members of the Army preferred Johnson at 35.4 percent. Trump, the Republican nominee, came in second at 31.4 percent, and Clinton, the likely Democratic nominee, at 15.3 percent.
Among the Marine community, an overwhelming 44.1 percent chose Johnson, while 27.1 percent chose Trump, and 12.7 percent chose Clinton.
The majority of the Air Force respondents chose Johnson at 39 percent, but Trump next at 29.9 percent and Clinton at 12.9 percent.
Trump ranked the top choice for the Navy community, at 32.4 percent, versus 31.7 percent for Johnson and 22.9 percent for Clinton.
Despite Clinton's underwhelming performance among active duty troops in the poll, their family members preferred Clinton at 29.4 percent to 27.5 percent for Trump. Johnson came in third, at 24.5 percent.
Trump came out on top among members of the military who retired after serving at least 20 years.
Retirees preferred Trump at 37.4 percent, compared to 32.2 percent for Johnson and only 11 percent for Hillary Clinton.
However, when former members of the military who served fewer than 20 years were included, Johnson came in first, at 36.1 percent, while Hillary Clinton garnered 12.6 percent.
Surprising.:eek2: on TideFans.com

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
"The majority of the Air Force respondents chose Johnson at 39 percent,"

39 percent is a majority? Oh, wait..." the survey was not a scientific poll with a margin of error"

Any port in a storm, I guess...
I've never heard anything yet from any ** source (current or former) that I could trust. Most of them are so self centered and conceited that they could stand as a living definition of the word Narcissism.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
I really don't know much about Gary Johnson--never heard of him before seeing him mentioned here on TF. The only thing I've seen mentioned that concerns me is his wanting to cut defense spending...the Air Forces's buy of F-22s was cut short, and they are short maintenance personnel for the F-35, just name two of the Air Force issues--not sure of the other Service's situations.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I really don't know much about Gary Johnson--never heard of him before seeing him mentioned here on TF. The only thing I've seen mentioned that concerns me is his wanting to cut defense spending...the Air Forces's buy of F-22s was cut short, and they are short maintenance personnel for the F-35, just name two of the Air Force issues--not sure of the other Service's situations.
The American military outspends everyone on the planet combined or close to it, they can and should be cut back.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
He doesn't stand a chance because he's already lost. People will not vote for a loser. He's had quite a number of years to prove that he is a viable candidate at the national level but has been unable to build a meaningful coalition of support and funding. Somehow Bernie did it. Why not Gary?
I know there was another loser sometime... Oh, yeah! Ronald Reagan was a loser, too!

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I have to seriously consider Johnson, because I loathe both Trump and Clinton. Neither are remotely trustworthy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.