The Gary Johnson thread

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Since the others have a thread and Gary keeps getting brought into the other ones thought we were overdue for his own.

He got just shy of 1% of the electorate in 2012, how do y'all think he does in 2016?

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
He was on Samantha Bee last night. There's something refreshingly goofy about him.

If you haven't watched Samantha Bee yet, you owe it to yourself to watch at least once, regardless of your politics. She's managed to tap in to the abject rage of the electorate in a way that you don't see anywhere else.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
You sure you want to have a thread about him? They are slam-a-thons. Now, where's the dirt? :)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Seeing as how a lot of people seem to be anti- one candidate rather than pro- the other one, I think he will do a little better this time. But his support will mostly be protest votes and whatever support he gets will not effect the overall out come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Since the others have a thread and Gary keeps getting brought into the other ones thought we were overdue for his own.

He got just shy of 1% of the electorate in 2012, how do y'all think he does in 2016?
I doubt this will reach the length of the Trump thread and that is sad.

Johnson 2016 has my vote!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
He was on Samantha Bee last night. There's something refreshingly goofy about him.

If you haven't watched Samantha Bee yet, you owe it to yourself to watch at least once, regardless of your politics. She's managed to tap in to the abject rage of the electorate in a way that you don't see anywhere else.
Google this Gary Johnson: He's Also Running | Full Frontal with Samantha Bee and it will be the first link on youtube. I wish I could post it but there is language that Tidefans has issues with. But it is also fantastic, thanks JT666 I haven't regularly watched Samantha Bee but she is very good. I know comedy Central is regretting letting her go and selecting Trevor Noah for the Daily Show

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Hilarious in really funny, or hilarious in the style of "The Death of a President'? (about George W. Bush). 'Coz that let everyone in stitches.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
She was a correspondent for The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and she is hilarious. Has her own show now.

And I agree with Jon. She should have been first in line when Stewart stepped down. She would have made a fine host. Bet Comedy Central is kicking itself over letting her get away.
Probably, but I suspect that TBS gives her more latitude than she would have had on Comedy Central.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I agree with Gary Johnson on a lot of things, but not enough to protest vote. There is enough of a delta for me between Trump and Clinton to continue down the lesser of two great evils path. If it begins to appear that he actually has a chance, I may have to rethink that position.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
The reality is that Trump and Sanders are third-party candidates. If Johnson were serious he would have joined the Republican Party and run on his platform. Trump is not a Republican and Sanders is not a Dem, but they are doing what they have to do to have a chance to win. A vote for either Trump or Sanders is a third-party, protest vote.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The reality is that Trump and Sanders are third-party candidates. If Johnson were serious he would have joined the Republican Party and run on his platform. Trump is not a Republican and Sanders is not a Dem, but they are doing what they have to do to have a chance to win. A vote for either Trump or Sanders is a third-party, protest vote.
Johnson did that last time and was completely ignored by the party apparatus. Why stick with them when they've never wanted him around? He wouldn't have made it to the first debate in todays GOP

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Op-Ed by Bill Weld Running mate of Johnson

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion...alternative/awlINxVEYRg64q2s0665bJ/story.html

BY ANY STANDARD, Governor Gary Johnson and I are classical Jeffersonian liberals. We believe that government is best that governs least. Unlike the current Republican Party, we believe in maximizing freedom, liberty, and choice for individuals in their own personal lives. Unlike the current Democratic Party, we believe that taxation is coercive and should be kept to a minimum, and that the cost of government should be more tightly controlled — as we each made a point of doing when we served as governors of New Mexico and Massachusetts in the 1990s.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I really want Johnson to win, but I see no way at all of that actually happening. He needs a big backer so he can blast his message all over the TV.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.