SEC Announces TV Times for First Three Weeks of Season (ESPN, ABC, SECN Only)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Anybody got a crystal ball prediction (guess) for the Kentucky game? That's my trip to Bama game this year.
This is very important to yours truly as I bought someone else's season ticket package this year.

Here are the SEC games on October 1:

Alabama-UK
Alcorn St- Arky
Auburn-ULM
UGA-TEnn
LSU-Mizzou
Ole Miss-Memphis
ATM-S Carolina
Florida-Vandy
Miss State has an off week

So I think it will probably align like this:

UGA-Tenn will be the CBS marquee game at 230

Two of these three will be at 11am central
Alcorn-Arky (very likely)
Ole Miss-Memphis (somewhat likely)
Auburn-ULM (debatable but likely)

That leaves us with ONE of those games plus ATM-SCAR, LSU-Mizzou, and Fla-Vandy.....and us

I figure UF-Vandy will be the 5pm ESPN2 game......

So if I were a betting man, I'd say we are MOST LIKELY going to be the 6pm or 730pm central. This is important for me because my son is the star mascot at the Battle for the Axe among arch-rival high schools the night before.

Iow - if we kick off at 11am, I'm sunk with a 600-mile drive.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Really encouraged that everyone has the same time prediction for the UK game.
It's pretty much impossible to predict right now.

What if Kentucky routs Florida and starts 4-0 and we plaster Ole Miss and are ALSO 4-0?

And what if Tennessee and/or UGA implodes early?

There's too many variables to say for sure. ALA2262 and I are saying pretty much the same thing, and I think he's right.

But then remember.......the Ole Miss game in 2014 was the marquee CBS game and the 2015 version kicked off around 9pm Eastern time (which made NO SENSE AT ALL).

What were the other games that day?

OK, I get them doing LSU-Auburn on CBS, although NOT after Auburn barely Jax State.....

Other games that day:
Tenn-W Carolina
UK-Florida
Miss St-NW La
Vandy-Austin Peay
ATM-Nevada/Reno
S Carolina-UGA
Mizzou-UCONN
Arky-Texas Tech

I mean.....HOW does Ole Miss-Alabama wind up with a 9pm EDT kickoff time with THAT lineup of other games?

No sense whatsoever.

That's why none of us can be totally certain.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
looks like i will miss the first three games of the year. i think the last time i missed seeing/following that many games in an entire season was the 97 and 98 seasons.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
looks like i will miss the first three games of the year. i think the last time i missed seeing/following that many games in an entire season was the 97 and 98 seasons.
Well, back then you didn't miss much, ha ha.....

But USC, whom we haven't played since I was a junior in high school......man, that's tough to miss.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I believe the UK game is Homecoming. If that is the case then we will try to not let it be a morning start. I suspect a start time of between 5pm and 6:30 pm central.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Well, back then you didn't miss much, ha ha.....

But USC, whom we haven't played since I was a junior in high school......man, that's tough to miss.
yeah, that's the only one of the first three that are really interesting to me in a "must watch" way. i board a 13+ hr flight an hour before kickoff. maybe they will have in-flight wi-fi, but sometimes they don't have it on international flights.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
What in the Wide World of Sports happened to ticket prices on the UK game?! I checked Stubhub a few weeks ago and the prices were really good (that's $200 or so) for very good lower level seats. Started looking again today to lock in and BOOM! Scrambling I picked 2 in Section L Row 60 for around $170 and stepped away for a few minutes. When I came back to seal the deal they were gone.
Man I thought I was pretty good at this ticket thing, but this one is a real curve ball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.