Oklahoma now seizing money from your bank account via your debit/credit cards

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Cash that you have on you is one thing--and even that aspect of civil forfeiture is grossly abused. But this is straight up BS. They can "decide" that the money in your bank account is associated with a crime, w/o a shred of evidence, and seize it? Would love to see this nonsense challenged in court.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
And I'm sure ERAD will refund their part when the money is returned.

Oh, who am I kidding - the money won't be returned!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
And I'm sure ERAD will refund their part when the money is returned.

Oh, who am I kidding - the money won't be returned!
and i am guessing that there is someone high up in erad who is in tight with someone high up in the oklahoma state troopers/oklahoma government

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
and i am guessing that there is someone high up in erad who is in tight with someone high up in the oklahoma state troopers/oklahoma government
Our former carpetbagger governor, while still governor, was urging his subordinates to push the products of one of his campaign contributors.
Said carpetbagger is not (yet) in prison, waiting for his appeal.

The current carpetbagger is also under Federal investigation.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Loveless plans to introduce legislation next session that would require a conviction before any assets could be seized.

Well Duh!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I like how the officer is willing to let us keep our own money if we can PROVE the money is not from illicit means. I think he has it backwards. He should prove a crime occurred before the money is seized.
Totally true. Just having cash convicts you. There are some horrendous stories out there...

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I like how the officer is willing to let us keep our own money if we can PROVE the money is not from illicit means. I think he has it backwards. He should prove a crime occurred before the money is seized.
"If you can prove can prove that you have a legitimate reason to have that money it will be given back to you. And we've done that in the past," Vincent said about any money seized.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.