Hello Tide Fans, I come in peace

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Yep, the 'no lsu fans' sticky is pretty clear. So, we shall see if you're allowed to hang around. Best of luck to your son.
Will 'da Judge from HSV decide or are we going to have a TideFans jury making the decision?

RTR!!!!!!!

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Well, seems as though I have some support and trust me when I say I want to learn more about Alabama football. It's more fun to watch when you have some connection. My son got to meet Derek Kief when we were on campus last week and said he was fun to talk with. My son is a fan of college sports, but he isn't enamored at all by players. I'm pulling for that kid to do well this year.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I wasn't here when the LSU rule came down. I think it is silly, but I understand the rules are not up for debate. I have seen a couple other LSU people join and post who seemed like decent folks, but they still got nuked. I wish you well, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roll Dawgs

Mar 24, 2015
Hello LSU fan... Very similar story for me except with UGA. I graduated from UGA as did about everyone past and present in my family. Season ticket holder and long time contributor. And, yes, I now write checks to the University of Alabama! My daughter just completed her freshman year and loved it. She joined a sorority - KD - and she really enjoys Tuscaloosa. We do, too. I'm still a Dawg and always will be, but Alabama is a special place, too. I have an Alabama decal on my car next to my G. Who would have ever predicted that! :). Enjoy move in day. I will tell you that your LSU pride will want to come bursting out at first, but it will subside when you see your son is in a good place and happy. Best of luck to him. Go Dawgs and RTR! Yes, I said it. Took me a while. Ha!

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Cool story Roll Dawgs. My son is really looking forward to the experience. The campus is awesome and the dorms are nicer than any apartment I lived in during my college years. We're Catholic so I have much respect for coach saban and all that he is doing to support the Catholic student center on campus. My son is going thru fraternity recruitment and attended a function last week. I just made reservations in T-town for family weekend.

My my younger son attended "siblings orientation" last week when we were there. Bama does such a great job with selling the university. He got to tour not only campus and hang out in the student activity center, but got a stadium tour and sit in the recruiting room. He says he isn't swayed yet...

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Will 'da Judge from HSV decide or are we going to have a TideFans jury making the decision?

RTR!!!!!!!
Sometimes the old and wise Earl demonstrates patience and sits quietly allowing false prophets to fall on their own swords before he speaks. And on the other hand he is old, so he may have fallen asleep watching Golden Girls!

😉

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I've sat and watched this thread for almost a day now so I guess I'll say you are welcome while you are here!

Being a relatively new member myself, if you are permitted to stay I can say you'll have a wonderful time interacting with some truly great folks! Just keep it civil, reasonable and stick to the rules. You'll get some great insight and some challenging notions about the sport of football and beyond.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
If you guys had been around for the pseudo nuking of this site by the fringe tiger fan base then you would understand the apprehension. New poster comes in, changes EVERY single topic into a Saban rant, drags even the respectable LSU posters into it, and gets the thread closed. Wash, rinse, and repeat several times a day

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If you guys had been around for the pseudo nuking of this site by the fringe tiger fan base then you would understand the apprehension. New poster comes in, changes EVERY single topic into a Saban rant, drags even the respectable LSU posters into it, and gets the thread closed. Wash, rinse, and repeat several times a day

The majority of us were around in 2011. One idea - we don't have to feed the trolls. Many of us are smart enough to see the bait and refrain. That does at least one of two things: kills the thread and/or makes the troll go away.

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001
Part of the reason for the no LSU fans posting is what you guys are doing right now, stirring up crap and the past for no reason. Simple welcome the guy, give him a chance, and shut up about the past.

Welcome! Quick question, what's up with the username WSIV70? I tried to think of this associated with Louisiana and struck out.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
IMHO, absolutely nothing objectionable in your original post. With that in mind, no problems from me for a " Welcome Aboard ". We ( Bama nation ) have our share of obnoxious fans, just like any school. Having said that, though, I lived and worked in Louisiana for a number of years and have said on a number of occasions that you have to live amongst the folks in Louisiana to gain a true appreciation of a rabid (and often obnoxious ) fan base. I`ve lived in many parts of the country with many fan bases. For some reason, many LSU fans, though, have never learned to WIN with grace. So many of them, at least in my experience, never understood what Coach Bryant meant when he said, " Act like you`ve been there before. " Anyway, welcome to Tidefans and truly hope it works out so you stick around!

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
I think it is time to retire the no LSU fans rule. If there is a reason to re-institute it, so be it. But the reasons from the rule from 3 1/2 years ago seem to be long in the past.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
I think it is time to retire the no LSU fans rule. If there is a reason to re-institute it, so be it. But the reasons from the rule from 3 1/2 years ago seem to be long in the past.
One couldn't asked for a better introduction or behavior from a new poster; especially one who is going through a challenging transition. :wink:

Welcome.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.