Hello Tide Fans, I come in peace

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I am an LSU Tiger through and through. I earned my degree from LSU, married awonderful lady that I met there, and we are both children of LSU alumni (onlyour Dads).She gave me season tickets as a wedding present in 1994, it’s the gift that keeps giving, or taking, every year.

We have two boys. They grew up as LSU fans, wearing the shirts and jerseys.They attended several games.My oldest turned out to be pretty damn smart. He just graduated from highschool in New Orleans with a high academic record.He hopes for medical school and wanted to spend as little on undergrad as he (we) could.The University of Alabama provided him with the best academic scholarship.We attended orientation last week and he is officially a Bama student, starting class in August.Interestingly, he is rooming with 3 of his high school classmates – 14 in all going to UA.

I’m not going to be the Dad who wears LSU stuff to move him in the dorm, or refuse to allow anything Alabama in my house. He has my full support. We now have an Alabama yard flag to show our support.I bought a hat with an elephant(from The Locker Room) last week and a generic red shirt.I’m sorry, I can’t wear that “A”, I do have my limits!

I will pull for Alabama in each and every game except against LSU, or if an end of season loss will directly help LSU get in the SECCG, playoffs, or such. I plan on attending at least one, probably two games in Tuscaloosa. I want to get to know the team better which is why I'm here. By the way,I work for a company that is based in Mobile,AL and I’ve dealt with the rivalry for 20 years.

I will post on here from time to time. I’ve always been taught to respect others, so I will not be ugly or rude, but I do pull for my Tigers and I hope we can engage in some fun banter. Before you say it, I will. Alabama has LSU’s number so it’s impossible for me to be obnoxious. Well, not exactly. Have you metsome of our fans? They are like the drunk uncle. You love them, but want to keep your distance. I’m not the typical obnoxious fan, so let’s have fun. Geaux Tigers! (and I will never, ever say those RT words unless I need to throw up to make my hangover go away).
Welcome, SIVIE! :wink:

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Part of the reason for the no LSU fans posting is what you guys are doing right now, stirring up crap and the past for no reason. Simple welcome the guy, give him a chance, and shut up about the past.

Welcome! Quick question, what's up with the username WSIV70? I tried to think of this associated with Louisiana and struck out.
Yeah, kind of dumb user name, I wasn't thinking when I registered. It's my initials and born in 70. I wish I could change it to DDV Tiger which would be for my hometown (D) Death Valley.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Welcome to the board, and best of luck to your son at The Capstone. I gotta ask.....I get why you guys hate Bama since Coach Saban joined us, but what is the source of all the hate and intense rivalry prior to that? Most Bama fans would tell you we certainly liked playing and beating you guys, but we didn't feel the same intensity you guys felt toward us in the past....what's up with that?

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Welcome to the board, and best of luck to your son at The Capstone. I gotta ask.....I get why you guys hate Bama since Coach Saban joined us, but what is the source of all the hate and intense rivalry prior to that? Most Bama fans would tell you we certainly liked playing and beating you guys, but we didn't feel the same intensity you guys felt toward us in the past....what's up with that?
I guess I'll take the bait. I was born in 1970, my wife was 4 days old in 1969 when LSU beat Bama in tiger stadium. After that win, I went thru my early, then teen age, then college years without a win against Alabama at home. We had a miraculous win in 1993 when LSU was at the bottom and won only 3 sec games, but that was in BD. We fired Curley Hallman (who was previously the coach at so. Miss and was made to look like a decent coach because he had a QB named Favre) after 1994 and in 1995, Gerry Dinardo brought the magic back to tiger stadium with a signature win against Auburn. LSU was determine to make TS Death Valley again. In 1996, we were determined to beat Alabama at home and got skull dragged, with a RS Freshman named Shaun Alexander leading the way with 20 carries for 291 yards. We lost 26-0. There was a curse, we couldn't beat Alabama at home. I was livid. In 2000, on my wife's 31st bday, we, lead by first year head coach Nick Saban, beat Alabama at home 30-28. I still have that game on VHS. The curse was over. Alabama, I believe in this time period, was experiencing tough times, but that didn't matter. So, short answer is we hated Bama because we couldn't beat them at home, then the saban thing happened and you know the rest.

Last edited:

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Wow, just read my post. Somehow my copy and paste from a word doc caused several words to merge together. It's not my LSU education showing, ha.

Thanks for the welcoming. Look forward to the season. I'm hoping Fournette can redeem himself against Bama this year. Heck, I don't care about individual stats, I just want a win. I still can't believe we let the last two in Tiger Stadium get away from us. p.s. I'm no fan of Les Miles.
You should be a fan of Les Miles. If it were not for a guy named Nick Saban, LSU would have a lot to talk about over the last several years.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Hey WSIV, I'm in New Orleans, and my son also went to BAMA. He graduated from BAMA in 2011. Unlike you though, I've been a TIDE fan since birth, back in Mobile. Where did your son go to high school. Krymsonman

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Jesuit. I also went there, I was class of 1988.
I thought your story sounded familiar. My son went to Jesuit, class of 2007. He did pretty well there and BAMA offered him a very attractive deal. He was pretty tight with 6 other guys. They grew up together in River Ridge, all went to St. Matthews together thru 8th grade, then Jesuit. All of the others went to LSU, my son went to BAMA. He loved his time there, met his bride there, and is now a mechanical engineer back in New Orleans. (His friends are all engineers too, except for one. He's just starting his medical residency). Your son will have a great time at BAMA, and will get a great education. After a few trips up there, I'll bet we can even squeeze a "ROLL TIDE" out of you! And for all of the Tidefans here, you can't beat Jesuit High School in New Orleans. Krymsonman

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I thought your story sounded familiar. My son went to Jesuit, class of 2007. He did pretty well there and BAMA offered him a very attractive deal. He was pretty tight with 6 other guys. They grew up together in River Ridge, all went to St. Matthews together thru 8th grade, then Jesuit. All of the others went to LSU, my son went to BAMA. He loved his time there, met his bride there, and is now a mechanical engineer back in New Orleans. (His friends are all engineers too, except for one. He's just starting his medical residency). Your son will have a great time at BAMA, and will get a great education. After a few trips up there, I'll bet we can even squeeze a "ROLL TIDE" out of you! And for all of the Tidefans here, you can't beat Jesuit High School in New Orleans. Krymsonman
Congrats to your son on a job well done! Every year Bama gets several Jesuit guys, especially with the NM scholarship. Of the 4 suite mates, 3 went to CBS prior to Jesuit, including my son. Interestingly, the other 3 are studying engineering while my son is going Bio with a Latin minor.

I enjoy going to Tuscaloosa. I love the campus.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Congrats to your son on a job well done! Every year Bama gets several Jesuit guys, especially with the NM scholarship. Of the 4 suite mates, 3 went to CBS prior to Jesuit, including my son. Interestingly, the other 3 are studying engineering while my son is going Bio with a Latin minor.

I enjoy going to Tuscaloosa. I love the campus.
Well, I'm very happy that your son and his friends chose BAMA. Have fun with the move-in and welcome aboard. Krymsonman

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I like the no LSU rule. No offense to this guy, but except for one quality poster from LSU, the rest were just awful. Very little insight, tons of venom spewing, and constant whining.

Every thread became a struggle....and they started to multiply and was getting hard to manage. The decision was a good one, and the football board has been much better ever since.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..As long as Coach Saban is our HC & with his ties to LSU..I don't see the "LSU Fan Ban" not being lifted any time soon just cause of their hatred towards Coach Saban..

I like the no LSU rule. No offense to this guy, but except for one quality poster from LSU, the rest were just awful. Very little insight, tons of venom spewing, and constant whining.

Every thread became a struggle....and they started to multiply and was getting hard to manage. The decision was a good one, and the football board has been much better ever since.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Like others, I'd like to give this kitty a chance -- double secret probation sounds about right with a big hook in the wings if he gets 'onery. After all, it was 2011 when the LSU ban was implemented. What's that? 3 national championships ago?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Welcome aboard from a Florida Gator, WS4!

This is an awesome forum for so many reasons!

Best wishes to you and your son and hope to see you survive into the football season when things always get VERY interesting - as well as VERY fun!

:)

bat123

All-American
Welcome WSIV, This is a quality board and I'm sure you'll be given much better treatment here than I did on Tiger Droppings. I was treated pretty bad there but, I don't hold it against any individual fan. So if you stay respectful and don't mind a little good natured ribbing I think you'll like it here.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Hello LSU fan... Very similar story for me except with UGA. I graduated from UGA as did about everyone past and present in my family. Season ticket holder and long time contributor. And, yes, I now write checks to the University of Alabama! My daughter just completed her freshman year and loved it. She joined a sorority - KD - and she really enjoys Tuscaloosa. We do, too. I'm still a Dawg and always will be, but Alabama is a special place, too. I have an Alabama decal on my car next to my G. Who would have ever predicted that! :). Enjoy move in day. I will tell you that your LSU pride will want to come bursting out at first, but it will subside when you see your son is in a good place and happy. Best of luck to him. Go Dawgs and RTR! Yes, I said it. Took me a while. Ha!
You guys are WAY better/supportive parents than I am! LOL!! Our daughter goes to the Barn and we write checks to AUBURN and I still hate them! Wear my Alabama shirts every time we go and I do NOT allow Auburn gear of any kind in my house--except in my daughter's room! I love her unconditionally and we actually really love the TOWN of Auburn. But as a graduate of The University of Alabama, I cannot physically cheer for Auburn in any sport. Even if it helps Bama, I physically can't do it. Mentally, I can wish for them to win, but my body will not allow a word of support to come out of my mouth. ROFL. Everyone else in my family can say "W.a.r. E.a.g.l.e" but I cannot. Physically. Won't. Happen. :biggrin:

Congratulations to your daughter, she picked a great University AND a great Sorority! I, too, was a Kappa Delta at Bama! My daughter is now a KD at Auburn. My husband is from Atlanta and he loves the Dawgs but is a Bama fan, too. I always cheered for UGA but now that y'all stole Kirby, the verdict is still out on whether or not I can do it! hehe! Love the campus at Athens--beautiful place and awesome town!! Your former OC is a very good friend of ours and we are sad that didn't work out. They are very happy in Indy, though.

Best wishes to LSU/Bama dad as well and I hope he gets to stick around!! We are actually cheering pretty hard for the Tiger baseball team!! That Rally Possum needs to be focused the rest of this series!! I've never seen a kid as tough as Kramer Robertson. Absolutely LOVE his attitude and willingness to literally put his face in harms way for his team. haha. He is a STUD. Hoping you end up in Omaha!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.