Hello Tide Fans, I come in peace

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I am an LSU Tiger through and through. I earned my degree from LSU, married awonderful lady that I met there, and we are both children of LSU alumni (onlyour Dads).She gave me season tickets as a wedding present in 1994, it’s the gift that keeps giving, or taking, every year.

We have two boys. They grew up as LSU fans, wearing the shirts and jerseys.They attended several games.My oldest turned out to be pretty damn smart. He just graduated from highschool in New Orleans with a high academic record.He hopes for medical school and wanted to spend as little on undergrad as he (we) could.The University of Alabama provided him with the best academic scholarship.We attended orientation last week and he is officially a Bama student, starting class in August.Interestingly, he is rooming with 3 of his high school classmates – 14 in all going to UA.

I’m not going to be the Dad who wears LSU stuff to move him in the dorm, or refuse to allow anything Alabama in my house. He has my full support. We now have an Alabama yard flag to show our support.I bought a hat with an elephant(from The Locker Room) last week and a generic red shirt.I’m sorry, I can’t wear that “A”, I do have my limits!

I will pull for Alabama in each and every game except against LSU, or if an end of season loss will directly help LSU get in the SECCG, playoffs, or such. I plan on attending at least one, probably two games in Tuscaloosa. I want to get to know the team better which is why I'm here. By the way,I work for a company that is based in Mobile,AL and I’ve dealt with the rivalry for 20 years.

I will post on here from time to time. I’ve always been taught to respect others, so I will not be ugly or rude, but I do pull for my Tigers and I hope we can engage in some fun banter. Before you say it, I will. Alabama has LSU’s number so it’s impossible for me to be obnoxious. Well, not exactly. Have you metsome of our fans? They are like the drunk uncle. You love them, but want to keep your distance. I’m not the typical obnoxious fan, so let’s have fun. Geaux Tigers! (and I will never, ever say those RT words unless I need to throw up to make my hangover go away).

Last edited:

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Welcome and congratulation on yours son's choice in institutions of higher learning.

The typical obnoxious LSU fan's participation on this web site prompted this policy by the site's administrators.

See this sticky post

You will find most on this site welcome civil discourse with fans from other schools.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Wow, just read my post. Somehow my copy and paste from a word doc caused several words to merge together. It's not my LSU education showing, ha.

Thanks for the welcoming. Look forward to the season. I'm hoping Fournette can redeem himself against Bama this year. Heck, I don't care about individual stats, I just want a win. I still can't believe we let the last two in Tiger Stadium get away from us. p.s. I'm no fan of Les Miles.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Welcome and nice first post. However, I see a conundrum formulating from your post and eagerly await our fearless leader's response. My vote doesnt count but I will take the bait and throw my approval for you to hang around on a temporary provisional probationary period to be determined by the aforementioned fearless leader! Cue the Earlinator!

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Yep, the 'no lsu fans' sticky is pretty clear. So, we shall see if you're allowed to hang around. Best of luck to your son.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Well I am an University of Alabama parent. I just admitted to pulling for Alabama in every game except one. I also happen to be an LSU fan.

Funny enough, I put LSU as my favorite team when I registered. You would think that would be a red flag, but I was approved. Maybe it's my Alabama based company email address. Who knows? Do as you wish Admins, but I hope you give me a shot.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Well in the mean time I'll say welcome and hope your son does well in med school. I have a good friend that is a big Bama fan and his daughter wanted to go to the barn to become a veterinarian. Sometimes we all make great sacrifices for our children!

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
Wow, just read my post. Somehow my copy and paste from a word doc caused several words to merge together. It's not my LSU education showing, ha.

Thanks for the welcoming. Look forward to the season. I'm hoping Fournette can redeem himself against Bama this year. Heck, I don't care about individual stats, I just want a win. I still can't believe we let the last two in Tiger Stadium get away from us. p.s. I'm no fan of Les Miles.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Other than that, welcome! For however long that lasts...some pretty bad blood from individuals previously. The Admins and Mods are serious about the rules, as well they should be, otherwise why have them? We aren't really hard to get along with--we have posters that are fans of the barn, Gators, OSU,Oklahoma, the Ducks, aTm, to name a few. Hopefully they just put you in double secret suspenders for awhile...and I'll see your GT with a ROLL TIDE!!!

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Welcome and nice first post. However, I see a conundrum formulating from your post and eagerly await our fearless leader's response. My vote doesnt count but I will take the bait and throw my approval for you to hang around on a temporary provisional probationary period to be determined by the aforementioned fearless leader! Cue the Earlinator!
He will most likely be on double secret probation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Welcome, I hope you stick around. This site sorely lacks fans for other SEC schools. Just follow the rules like the rest of us do and I'm sure you will enjoy the forum.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.