Anthony Grant on list of coaches who deserve another opportunity

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
in my humble opinion, i think Dickie V may be confusing "calming influence" with apathy. just seemed like he had checked out on the team.

Link

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think he can be a decent coach, but I don't think he can deal with top tier talent. He can't recruit 'em, he can't coach 'em up either. It is one thing to compete at a lower level with a bunch of three stars who weren't heavily recruited and might take instruction better. It is another thing to step it up and try to recruit and compete against top talent. Anthony Grant clearly has struggles doing that.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think he can be a decent coach, but I don't think he can deal with top tier talent. He can't recruit 'em, he can't coach 'em up either. It is one thing to compete at a lower level with a bunch of three stars who weren't heavily recruited and might take instruction better. It is another thing to step it up and try to recruit and compete against top talent. Anthony Grant clearly has struggles doing that.
Anthony's struggles are more on the offense. He was an exceptional defensive coach but not so much offensive.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
in my humble opinion, i think Dickie V may be confusing "calming influence" with apathy.
Apathy Grant - in retrospect shouldn't that have been his name? Dunno about "calming influence," but he almost influenced 'Bama basketball into a state of euthanasia...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He just wasn't a good fit at a big time school. He did not get us on probation or sleep with his secretary, so I have nothing against him personally. I do hope he gets another shot at a mid-major, which may be more his type of place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.