Who Goes At LT if Cam Can`t ?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Obviously, we all hope things turn out positively, both personally and football wise, for Cam. However, using the old saw, " Hope for the best but prepare for the worst ", for those in the know, who goes at LT if Cam can`t ? Personally don`t see us going with a pure Freshman ( Williams ) at LT unless he`s shown to be another Cam in drills.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I would be very surprised if Cam isn't on the field this year. From what I've read the gun in the car was purchased by Cam over a year ago and he just never registered it (which isn't required by law). Thus, Cam didn't know the gun was stolen. I'm pretty sure that in and of itself (if true) will be enough to drop the felony charge. If that were to happen then you're just looking at a misdemeanor marijuana charge for a player whose never been in trouble before. That type of charge is usually just dealt with internally..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would be very surprised if Cam isn't on the field this year. From what I've read the gun in the car was purchased by Cam over a year ago and he just never registered it (which isn't required by law). Thus, Cam didn't know the gun was stolen. I'm pretty sure that in and of itself (if true) will be enough to drop the felony charge. If that were to happen then you're just looking at a misdemeanor marijuana charge for a player whose never been in trouble before. That type of charge is usually just dealt with internally..
I read the same thing plus they were apparently at a range shooting that day explaining why they had the guns with them at the time of their arrest, but the gun charge now creates a lot of other questions. For instance, who did he buy the gun from and where has he kept the gun while at school? The police will only walk away from the felony if he cooperates fully.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Koren Kirven played LT in the A-day game and we saw what Tim Williams did to him but Tim does that to a lot of people. I'm thinking Williams would get the start. He has quick feet and held his own against Ryan Anderson in the A-day game.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Koren Kirven played LT in the A-day game and we saw what Tim Williams did to him but Tim does that to a lot of people. I'm thinking Williams would get the start. He has quick feet and held his own against Ryan Anderson in the A-day game.
Wonder if that would mean Kirven or Cotton would start at RT ?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I was just about to post Cotton at one of the tackle spots.

RTR91 - Cam may play against USC but I don't believe he will start. He did get arrested and pot was involved. Maybe a 1st half suspension?
He will start against USC.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
The police will only walk away from the felony if he cooperates fully.
Out of Monroe PD's hands now. The local DA is pretty cool though and I doubt that he will push the felony charges since other than this, Cam has been a model citizen in both Monroe and T-town. However, I am sure he will get to come back home and do some speaking to the area youth as part of his punishment. This will obviously burn the Corndog fans who want Cam thrown to the wolves for not going to LSU, but it is what it is.

I bet he sits some or all of USC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.