Poll: To readmit LSU Fans to posting privileges...

To Readmit LSU Fans to Tidefans or Not...

• I OPPOSE READMISSION UNCONDITIONALLY

Votes: 28 9.8%
  • I OPPOSE READMISSION EXCEPT CONDITIONALLY

Votes: 28 9.8%
  • I FAVOR READMISSION WITH CONDITIONS

Votes: 180 63.2%
  • I FAVOR READMISSION UNCONDITIONALLY

Votes: 49 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I don't understand. Doesn't all posting privileges come with conditions? Aren't we all held to the same conditions?

They should have the same conditions as anyone else and should be suspended, banned, or terminated as anyone else would. There should not be any special conditions set. Treat everyone the same. It shouldn't matter what school that you pull for however I really can't see why a fan of another school wants to be on here...... jealousy, would be my guess.
Since this is an Alabama Board principally made up of Alabama Fans I don't favor giving rival fans equal time. I have always viewed it as a place to talk about Alabama Football. I have never thought this board should allow Auburn fans or LSU fans ect... equal attention, or allow them to run down our team, coaches, or players. They can do that on their own boards. TideFans is not like their boards. (Thank goodness).

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Since this is an Alabama Board principally made up of Alabama Fans I don't favor giving rival fans equal time. I have always viewed it as a place to talk about Alabama Football. I have never thought this board should allow Auburn fans or LSU fans ect... equal attention, or allow them to run down our team, coaches, or players. They can do that on their own boards. TideFans is not like their boards. (Thank goodness).
I also agree with this. I don't come here to talk OSU football. I joined TideFans to talk about Alabama football. I may post about OSU or the B1G from time to time, but that isn't why I am here.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
As long as they don't hijack every. single. thread. and turn it into anti-Saban, anti-Bama banter.
RTR

Good luck with that.

They have some greatly inflated opinions re their relevance in CFB history. A lot of them seem to have the opinion that they're virtually equal to Bama all-time despite what the record books say.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Their behavior must be at the least as good as Audub's, B1GTide's or Bazza's. Heck, I would even give these 3 a LOT more leeway than any L5U fans posting here. Honestly, Bazza can say whatever he likes - don't care what it is really. He's proven himself more so than a lot of Bama fans here.

Last edited:

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
Their behavior must be at the least as good as Audub's, B1GTide's or Bazza's. Heck, I would even give these 3 a LOT more leeway than any L5U fans posting here. Honestly, Bazza can say whatever he likes - don't care what it is really. He's proven himself more so than a lot of Bama fans here.

^^^^THIS^^^^

I get the impression that fools (any/all of us) are suffered less gladly in game threads, for good reasons...maybe treat the newbies with the same level of acceptance, until they exhibit mutual respect...just my thought--I know it puts more on the Mods/Admins'
shoulders.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Just a little note to appreciate the admins. What ever terms are landed on I hope they don't have to deal with what they did last time. They do enough to keep this board as great as it is without dealing with those that caused the problems. I don't want them to have an undue burden, and it was an undue burden.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Just a little note to appreciate the admins. What ever terms are landed on I hope they don't have to deal with what they did last time. They do enough to keep this board as great as it is without dealing with those that caused the problems. I don't want them to have an undue burden, and it was an undue burden.
Yep. It brings to mind "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". If allowed, hoping they act civil.

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
I voted to let them in with conditions. A little bit of LSU fans goes a long way. Some posting are in favor of equal treatment for all, not me. I'm of the opinion that its an Alabama board and Bama fans should and do get a little more leeway. One poster brought of the issue of LSU fans flooding the boards. If that were to happen I would hope the Admins would address that, even if the rules weren't broken. In the past we've had one or a few fans from Auburn, Ohio State, Oregon, Oklahoma and a few others, never big groups of fans from other schools. If it stays like that it'll be ok.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I voted to re-admit with conditions because I believe in second chances. But I'm going to be very surprised if they can live up to whatever conditions are included in the readmission process. Many of those folks get way over emotional after a loss and they aren't afraid to display their hatred towards the opposition. Hopefully it will work though. I'm sure Earle and the other administrators have some ideas already in place.

TiderinAZ

1st Team
Sep 20, 2015
Carefree, AZ
First time poster here! I am an Alabama grad, but was born and raised in Nola and still have family there.
I voted to oppose with conditions.
My perspective on the situation is this. My family is pretty typical of many LSU fans; never attended the University, weren't even fans until they started winning (when I was growing up in the 70s we were Tulane fans!), flags come down when they lose, or turn the game off.
I've tried to get them to pull for Alabama, when they aren't playing LSU, but the hatred is so deep, it simply isn't comprehensible to me.
In my opinion, many, (of course this doesn't include all LSU fans) will not get over this hatred for Alabama until (1) Nick Saban is gone and (2) they beat us consistently and soundly.
Maybe I will be proven wrong.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
First time poster here! I am an Alabama grad, but was born and raised in Nola and still have family there.
I voted to oppose with conditions.
My perspective on the situation is this. My family is pretty typical of many LSU fans; never attended the University, weren't even fans until they started winning (when I was growing up in the 70s we were Tulane fans!), flags come down when they lose, or turn the game off.
I've tried to get them to pull for Alabama, when they aren't playing LSU, but the hatred is so deep, it simply isn't comprehensible to me.
In my opinion, many, (of course this doesn't include all LSU fans) will not get over this hatred for Alabama until (1) Nick Saban is gone and (2) they beat us consistently and soundly.
Maybe I will be proven wrong.
Well, number one will happen eventually.

As for number two, when has that EVER happened??? :biggrin:

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
I'm OK with "conditions" understood up front (see FAQ and Forum Rules) with modified baseball rules. 1st and only strike and you forfeit the game.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Let them in with the following conditions.
1) State you are a LSU fan in the first post and that you have read all the rules and terms of this forum.
2) They must understand that they will be monitored and scrutinized more closely than other members and that the REC will take action(s) as they see as appropriate if there is any misbehavior.

If the administrators decide that one has to go, they all go. Is this fair? No. But hopefully this will encourage the other LSU fans to police their own.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
The purpose of this poll is to gauge board sentiment regarding the readmission of LSU to posting status on the board. This is a matter we've been discussing. The results are non-binding on administration, since there are many other factors involved. If, in the end, we do readmit them, this action can be reversed, if the same situation redevelops which caused their banning initially. We're hoping that some of the underlying emotions which seemed to exist and caused the misbehavior will have died down and that will allow a civil discourse. Let us know what you think...
Will this make your and other board administrators jobs harder? I haven't voted yet, but this is a Bama board. If a person graduated from LSWho, but has a son or daughter enrolled at Alabama, then they should be welcomed if they are civil and do not use profanity.

I personally do not want this GREAT board to EVER resemble Tiger Droppings or even the TexAgs site. Too much profane language and any is too much. The use of profanity just shows a person's lack of an appropriate vocabulary. Apparently, there are many on those sites lacking an appropriate vocabulary. There are great discussions on the TideFans non-sports forum without profanity. Maybe you need to have thick skin to participate, but great discussions on many relevant topics. JMHO

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Let them in with the following conditions.
1) State you are a LSU fan in the first post and that you have read all the rules and terms of this forum.
2) They must understand that they will be monitored and scrutinized more closely than other members and that the REC will take action(s) as they see as appropriate if there is any misbehavior.

If the administrators decide that one has to go, they all go. Is this fair? No. But hopefully this will encourage the other LSU fans to police their own.
I doubt we'll be quite that strict. I'm sure we'll get a ringer or two, but we'll judge them as a group. If a trend develops, then, yes, we'll hammer the group again. In the last infestation, some made ridiculous posts so they could go back to their home boards and brag about being banned. Also, some would be nice over here and then go back and say nasty things behind our backs. Those seemed to get the angriest when banned for that. I've been told a number of times that I had no right to ban them for something they said on an LSU board. I just came back with that I'd ban them for something they said to their BIL in the next booth in a restaurant. Nothing I hate worse than two-facedness...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.